Consumer advocate article: "This is what happens when you're kicked off your cruise"

whogo

When this incident happened, I'm sure the captain and security staff reviewed the video. Then, the entire video from all angles was sent to Seattle over the internet, with the captain's and security chief's report. The legal staff in Seattle looked at it very carefully, considered the captain's report, and then Seattle made the final decision, disembark the 2 passengers and fly them home. This decision was not made lightly, knowing the definite chance of a lawsuit and bad media publicity.

I'm not sure that's exactly the process, but you certainly are on the right track. Point is, these decisions are not made lightly, and are not made solely by the Captain.

HAL has no obligation whatsoever to produce a video to the starving internet public. This is a matter between them and the people they booted.

These decisions are not made lightly.

certainly the couple could not be left off in St Petersburg.

The next available port that is EU and does not require Visas makes sense.

Handed tickets does not equal paid for. The couple could have had flight ease tickets and Seattle might have made arrangements to have them changed.

I've only been on one cruise where a couple was "kicked off". It takes a lot to cause that and, on our cruise the couple was VERY disruptive. I'm pretty sure there's more to this story than we are hearing. But, I've been wrong before ;)

Sorry, came back. Yep, I don't recall any area being covered by more than one camera, unless it was really fringe overlap.

What lots of folks forget is that HAL's lawyers are on salary, so preparing for a legal challenge costs them nothing, while the cost to the plaintiff can dissuade some suits.

And that the cruise contract indicates where suit must be brought. For a prospective Plaintiff who lives in Maine, Seattle (to sue HAL) is not very convenient. Of course, it is not meant to be.