Is the miracle due for refurbishing anytime soon?

AmberTeka

I would like to book a cruise on the Miracle. But we are just off the Sunshine and my husband griped about the bathroom. He said he felt like he was sticking his foot in the toilet every time he went. We were in a balcony on the 7th deck.

As he almost never complains about anything, and he is not overweight, and even though it did not bother me, if he does not enjoy the cruise, then I don't either.

Does anyone know when it was last outfitted?

Thank you

March 2015 was last drydock. So....next one should be late 2019/2020....

Miracle is open for booking through February 1, 2019 when it goes through the Panama Canal from San Diego to Miami, so it will likely be sometime in February or March 2020.

I’m not sure how many cruises the OP’s husband has been on, but Carnival bathrooms in the standard cabins aren’t terribly different between ships, and Carnival’s bathrooms tend to be larger than their competitors. You may need to look at booking suites or Havana cabins (Vista, Horizon, Panorama).

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

There isn't a break in it's schedule until early 2020 so I'm guessing (like the previous posters) that it will be in the February-May timeframe of 2020.

ETA: It would be extremely rare to reconfigure cabins or bathrooms during a dry dock maintenance. So even if that were planned prior to the timeframe the OP is looking at to sail the Miracle, the bathroom set up would be the same as now. Perhaps, as suggested, a suite would be more to his liking.

Edited by joepeka

Thanks for the Information. His issue with the Sunshine is that even though we have been on the Sunshine four times, before we were always in one of the New 4J cabins on deck 3. ( got spoiled) we both loved those cabins, and I was able to get one for my daughter and her family, They liked it a lot. We, because it is just 2 of us, have never been able to snag one of the new cabins on Deck Five.

As we take them with us on almost all of our cruises, Suites are out of our budget. I am stunned at the prices for obstructed balconies ( which we have had and liked fine) on the Miracle. I have read a lot of reviews on the Miracle, and the ship looking older seems to the only major complaint. We have sailed on Carnival 18 or 19 times. I know we have been on the Legend twice, will have to look up the Miracle. Pretty Much we sail what goes out of Jacksonville, Port Canaveral, and rarely Tampa.

Miracle is open for booking through February 1, 2019 when it goes through the Panama Canal from San Diego to Miami, so it will likely be sometime in February or March 2020.

I’m not sure how many cruises the OP’s husband has been on, but Carnival bathrooms in the standard cabins aren’t terribly different between ships, and Carnival’s bathrooms tend to be larger than their competitors. You may need to look at booking suites or Havana cabins (Vista, Horizon, Panorama).

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

Tidecat, I think you meant to say Feb. 1, 2020. I'm booked on that cruise. After the ship drops us off in Miami, it disappears from the schedule, so I'm assuming it goes into dry dock.

Agree with you about Carnival's bathrooms; you're unlikely to find something bigger.

Roz

Thanks for the Information. His issue with the Sunshine is that even though we have been on the Sunshine four times, before we were always in one of the New 4J cabins on deck 3. ( got spoiled) we both loved those cabins, and I was able to get one for my daughter and her family, They liked it a lot. We, because it is just 2 of us, have never been able to snag one of the new cabins on Deck Five.

As we take them with us on almost all of our cruises, Suites are out of our budget. I am stunned at the prices for obstructed balconies ( which we have had and liked fine) on the Miracle. I have read a lot of reviews on the Miracle, and the ship looking older seems to the only major complaint. We have sailed on Carnival 18 or 19 times. I know we have been on the Legend twice, will have to look up the Miracle. Pretty Much we sail what goes out of Jacksonville, Port Canaveral, and rarely Tampa.

Has he considered showering at the spa? I haven't been in a suite so I can't speak to bathroom size there. But I can tell you that the bathroom isn't any bigger in a balcony cabin.