Killing time in Fort Lauderdale

ryansmousehouse

Are you shlepping your luggage or is it going ahead of you to the airport with a program like luggage valet?

If you have your luggage, consider a cruise line disembarkation excursion. Popular ones include one of the Everglades airboat parks, Flamingo Gardens, the Jungle Queen or the Carrie B.

If you aren't burden with luggage the water taxi (www.watertaxi.com) is both transportation and sightseeing (the captains provide a narration about the mansions and yacths).

We did the Everglades Airboat excursion this past March after we disembarked from the NA. We were bused to Sawgrass Park about 1/2 hour from the port along with about 40-50 other cruisers. We did a 1/2 hr Air Boat ride looking for alligators and then about 2 hrs of wandering around a wildlife sanctuary. I believe it was about $60pp but they dropped us off at the airport after the excursion. Check the EXC excursions on the HAL website for reviews, prices and information. It wasn't as exotic as I had thought it would be but it was a good way to kill some time and experience something new. I rate it a 6 on a scale of 10. If you do rent a car you can probably do this for a whole lot less.

We have about 10 hours to kill before our evening flight out of FLL and I just booked a Day Pass at the Atlantic Hotel on Fort Lauderdale beach through resortforaday. We’re able to use the hotel pool and beach facilities with the pass and get a 20% discount on food, drinks and spa services. You also have access to their sauna, showers and relaxation room. For our ten hour wait, it is perfect, and they’ll also hold your luggage if Luggage Valet from the ship isn’t an option for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums