Breakaway at Harvastt Caye - Clamshells

Ms Jo UK

I have seen pictures of clamshells on the beach at Harvest Caye is it possible to pre book one and if so how? What is the charge for a clamshell? Hope someone can help,

We haven't been back since December 2017, but they were $29/day (for two people)!

You can book onboard at the shorex desk.

Is Harvest Caye, Belize a beach we all go to?? On NCL for the first time this December. Assuming Clam Shells are covered lounges? Thank you!

If your itinerary stops at Harvest Caye you will be able to spend the day at the beach. Google "Harvest Caye Clamshells" and look at the second photo.

There are other activities available and there are limited excursions available. The covered loungers had to be reserved on the ship, not prior.

If your itinerary stops at Harvest Caye you will be able to spend the day at the beach. Google "Harvest Caye Clamshells" and look at the second photo.

There are other activities available and there are limited excursions available. The covered loungers had to be reserved on the ship, not prior.

Thank you! Is there any free food, etc, or do you pay for everything? Can you snorkel for free, if you have your own equipment?

Thank you! Is there any free food, etc, or do you pay for everything? Can you snorkel for free, if you have your own equipment?

You pay for food and drinks which sucks. The beach, pool, and the regular loungers are free. I know they have some animal exhibits and wanna say those aren’t an extra cost. But I’m sure someone can weight in on that bit. I’m going to HC October [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NCL spent a fortune on beautiful landscaping! The island is run by Belizeans, and that was one of the agreements that was made with the Belizean government in order for NCL to move forward with the Harvest Cay plans. The island has a wonderful huge pool, lots of lounge chairs, and plenty of space to spread-out, IF you are willing to walk further along (or get off the ship early as possible). The food and beverages available on the island are paid by cash or credit card only (NOT room card!)

You absolutely may go back onboard to eat and/or drink and then return to the island.

Lots of people say it is a LONG walk. DH and I have walked as far, and even further, at plenty of ports! It is quite likely it will be hot there, but there are misting stations along the way.

There's a really cute kids area, an animal/bird sanctuary, shops, and plenty of physical activities (we enjoyed paddle boards), if you don't want to "just lay around at the pool or beach. (I strongly recommend booking activities ahead of time!)

As far as snorkeling, you may take your own equipment to snorkel. But honestly, you will likely be disappointed. Hopefully, with time, that changes, but most people haven't had much luck seeing anything noteworthy, so far.

Additional helpful info: Take and use bug spray! Take and use sunscreen! Do some "sight-seeing" on the island (it has a "garden paradise-like" setting when you explore further than just the pool).

We look forward to our next visit!

You pay for food and drinks which sucks. The beach, pool, and the regular loungers are free. I know they have some animal exhibits and wanna say those aren’t an extra cost. But I’m sure someone can weight in on that bit. I’m going to HC October [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No charge for the exhibit areas. We carried bottles of water off the ship and walked back for lunch. Lots of free loungers available and plenty of them available with umbrellas. We have been there three times now and enjoyed the beach, pool and exhibit areas without having to pay for a thing.

I have seen pictures of clamshells on the beach at Harvest Caye is it possible to pre book one and if so how? What is the charge for a clamshell? Hope someone can help,

I can speak for Great Stirrup Cay where we booked a clamshell at the excursion desk onboard, cost about thirty five dollars (covers two loungers). Booking the clamshell is like an excursion perk giving you an early tender.

We were on the first tender to the island and we're able to be in the first row of clamshell so there were none in front of us blocking our view of the water. Also, choose a clamshell with vents 'cause they can be pretty darn warm under them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I can speak for Great Stirrup Cay where we booked a clamshell at the excursion desk onboard, cost about thirty five dollars (covers two loungers). Booking the clamshell is like an excursion perk giving you an early tender.

We were on the first tender to the island and we're able to be in the first row of clamshell so there were none in front of us blocking our view of the water. Also, choose a clamshell with vents 'cause they can be pretty darn warm under them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Harvest Caye:

1. No tender

2. all clamshells the same configuration

3. only one row of clamshells

4. all clamshells are at the back row of loungers (furthest from water)

2ab8d4da-7318-4ed3-8c16-4ca3c42d1e49_l.jpg

Edited by norway olin
added photo