Question about soda package and water

Cookmb

I am getting ready to purchase the bottled water package for my upcoming trip on sapphire princess. Odd question, but does anyone know what brand the bottled water is? My husband is a water snob so the brand will help determine how many packs of water we need.

For the soda package, it says it includes juice and hot chocolate. Are those things no longer free on the lido deck or are they referring to fancier juice and hot chocolate than what comes in the machines/packets?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we need.

For the soda package, it says it includes juice and hot chocolate. Are those things no longer free on the lido deck or are they referring to fancier juice and hot chocolate than what comes in the machines/packets?

Thanks in advance

Juice is only "free" at breakfast. With the soda and more, you can get it all day from bars, etc. The hot chocolate is available at the IC and can be made with milk and whipped cream if desired. THere are reports that on some ships, it may be made with syrup, but on the Caribbean Princess it was made from a packet of powder if you had a package that included hot chocolate.

...For the soda package, it says it includes juice and hot chocolate. Are those things no longer free on the lido deck or are they referring to fancier juice and hot chocolate than what comes in the machines/packets?

The juice question has been answered. There used to be packets of powdered hot chocolate next to the tea bags in the Horizon Court but they disappeared somewhere around 6-8 years ago or more. I haven’t tried ordering hot chocolate for breakfast in the HC since then. Hot chocolate is on the breakfast menu in the dining room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The juice question has been answered. There used to be packets of powdered hot chocolate next to the tea bags in the Horizon Court but they disappeared somewhere around 6-8 years ago or more. I haven’t tried ordering hot chocolate for breakfast in the HC since then. Hot chocolate is on the breakfast menu in the dining room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did recently in the dining room and it wasn't that great.

I am getting ready to purchase the bottled water package for my upcoming trip on sapphire princess. Odd question, but does anyone know what brand the bottled water is? My husband is a water snob so the brand will help determine how many packs of water we need.

As posted above, no way to tell what the brand of water will be. If DH is a "water snob", bring your own or drink the ship's water. Ship water is cleaner than the stuff they put in bottles (and fresher since it was just made).

No hot chocolate packets, Regal/Royal apparently have hot chocolate in the buffet (not personal experience, I've seen it reported here). I carry a brand I like and use a coffee card to get it in the IC.

In the buffet juices at breakfast include: orange, tomato, prune, cranberry (probably others). It takes a bit of a wait for anything other than orange. Lemonade is available at lunch.

Juice is only "free" at breakfast. With the soda and more' date=' you can get it all day from bars, etc. The hot chocolate is available at the IC and can be made with milk and whipped cream if desired. THere are reports that on some ships, it may be made with syrup, but on the Caribbean Princess it was made from a packet of powder if you had a package that included hot chocolate.[/quote']

Having only sailed on princess one time, is IC the coffee shop?

Having only sailed on princess one time, is IC the coffee shop?

International Cafe. There is a coffee and tea area (think Starbucks) and an area where you can get sandwiches, salads, and deserts. It is open almost 24/7--I've read that they close for one hour in the middle of the night for cleaning, but it is open longer than I am awake.

International Cafe. There is a coffee and tea area (think Starbucks) and an area where you can get sandwiches' date=' salads, and deserts. It is open almost 24/7--I've read that they close for one hour in the middle of the night for cleaning, but it is open longer than I am awake.[/quote']

Thanks - I assume you have to pay for beverages, hence hot cocoa being included on the soda card?

Thanks - I assume you have to pay for beverages, hence hot cocoa being included on the soda card?

Yes. Drinks at the IC cost $$, altho' not very expensive.

All the cakes, donuts, pudding, cookies, salads, sandwiches, soups are no charge. It's a nice break from the buffet or for a light meal.

You can buy a "coffee package" for $36 which includes unlimited fresh brewed coffee, hot chocolate, and premium teas plus 15 "punches," each good for a starbucks type beverage. These special beverages come in 2 sizes, but a "punch" will get you whichever size you order. The term "punch is really a misnomer, but is a hold over from when it was a card that literally got punched. Now it is loaded to your cruise card and it gets swiped. Do not be deceived by posts that claim it is "only $31" to buy on the ship. The $36 price includes the gratuity, which will be added to the $31 price making an advance purchase exactly the same as an onboard purchase, at least for US based cruises.

There is no charge for the food.

On the Royal from Southampton now. We had pre-ordered the water package and it is called Tarka springs. I have never heard of it before but it is ok. Its worth purchasing in advance a small bottle is $2 onboard ship.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Forums mobile app

Edited by sammybonny

On the Royal from Southampton now. We had pre-ordered the water package and it is called Tarka springs. I have never heard of it before but it is ok. Its worth purchasing in advance a small bottle is $2 onboard ship.

This is what we also had on the Sapphire Princess. I thought it was fine.

We just got off the Sapphire this morning. The water in the cabin for purchase at $2 a bottle was tarka springs but we purchased the package and it wasn’t tarka springs. It was aqua something. Brand i has never heard of. Tastes ok and was mineral water (not like dansani etc)

We just got off the Sapphire this morning. The water in the cabin for purchase at $2 a bottle was tarka springs but we purchased the package and it wasn’t tarka springs. It was aqua something. Brand i has never heard of. Tastes ok and was mineral water (not like dansani etc)

Thank you