Carnival Magic for reunion cruise July 14, 2018

Very nice review. Thank you so much for the detailed reviews of your excursions. We are doing this itinerary on the Glory in Jan and I have been really undecided about what to do. Ironically, the only excursion I know we are doing is a historical tour in Grand Turk that I found on Trip Advisor.

DanvilleCruiser

After reading your review, I have to say that your mother is certainly a trooper to go through the travel day you experienced getting to the port.

I am certain that ,at her age ,it was an exhausting day for her and you as well.

Good that once on the ship, things turned positive for you and your family.

I just want to offer a few thoughts for you to consider should you undertake another long trip with your mother or for yourself.

After forty plus years of travel, my DH and I have realized that comfort (as much as possible) is a priority. We may have to spend a bit more to achieve this,but it is worth it to us so we do not stress ourselves physically and mentally.

In our younger days, we flew Spirit airlines once. That was too many times ! Enough said.

In those days we stayed at low-rate chain hotels which did not offer very satisfactory accommodations. Enough said.

In reading about your travel day, I think it may have been better if you chose Southwest ,flying from Lexington or Cincinnati to Orlando. Sanford is a smaller airport which means fewer available flights than Orlando airport. Allegiant is not the most trustworthy airline as others on this thread have posted.

There are many hotel chains near the Orlando airport offering comfortable accommodations for an overnight stay.

From that area there are car services for hire that could have accommodated only your family,splitting the cost,for a comfortable ride to the pier.

Of course, the travel day you experienced is in the past.

But, your experiences might cause you to consider comfort for your next vacation.

I wish you happy travels and my regards to your mother. Wishing her many good days. 🙂

Thanks MJSailors for the helpful thoughts. My sister provided our air tickets as a Christmas present. She flys Allegiant regularly and has never had this sort of thing happen. And admittedly, the choice of shuttle company was bad. We had considered renting a van for the one day but since we were getting into town late in the day thought it potentially stressful for very little return. I should have rescheduled with a different company after reading the bad reviews for just the problems we had with our shuttle. But as you pointed out, everything worked out in the long run, and, we had zero problems when we flew Allegiant back home. Mom still says she enjoyed the trip and would actually consider flying again! She is indeed a trooper!