Ultimate balcony dinner

tere247

Last time we did it, we were on the Crown Princess with the larger balcony. Our meal was served on a large table.

We're going on the Royal Princess and I'm thinking we might do it again. But.......

My question is, with that small balcony, is the meal served on the small, low table that's already on the balcony?

I can't see that there's room on that balcony.

Last time we did it, we were on the Crown Princess with the larger balcony. Our meal was served on a large table.

We're going on the Royal Princess and I'm thinking we might do it again. But.......

My question is, with that small balcony, is the meal served on the small, low table that's already on the balcony?

I can't see that there's room on that balcony.

We’ve had a couple of UBDs on the Royal & enjoyed it as much as when we’ve had it on other ships.

The depth of the balcony is about 4 feet so there was sufficient room to place a regular height folding table to accommodate two people. For the person not adjacent to the slider it was tight getting between the table & glass but I was able to do it.

The standard small short table doesn’t hold much & would never work for the UBD.

They still brought us a special table for our UBD on the Royal last year. It's a bit of a tight squeeze compared to when we've had it on Caribe Deck balconies on other ships. But the waiters made it work.

I just have them set it up in the room unless I'm in a Vista Suite or better. It's windy when the ship is in motion.
We did ours on the Royal when the ship had a late evening departure from Martinique. We did not have the best view--more of an industrial area and not the dock that's closer to the center of town. But it was nice after sunset to watch the folks coming back to the ship on the buses.

We're doing the ABC Islands and will be in port til 10PM, so I thought it would be a perfect time.

Late nights in ports has worked great for us or during sailaway. Even when inclement weather during a December sailaway from Santorini forced us inside our balcony cabin the UBD was great.