Piggyback Military and Voyager Club Discounts?

beachtango

We will be booking a cruise for next year and wonder if it is possible to receive both the 5% (Voyager Club) and the 10% (Military) discounts?

The agent I spoke to said no but the website Voyager Club info states the 5% booking discount can be combined with other offers.

Anyone been successful in getting both discounts? Please let me know.

You can't have both. I've tried on four reservations and always took either the military or educator discount only. MSC language is not clear on the "other offers" phrase. I think they mean you can apply a discount to a special Voyager cruise or a promotion, but you can only get one discount.

We just asked about adding the government employee discount to our cruise (already having the Voyagers discount). The agent told our TA the discounts couldn’t be combined. I’ve heard some people have had them combined. We may ask once more with a different agent. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just asked about adding the government employee discount to our cruise (already having the Voyagers discount). The agent told our TA the discounts couldn’t be combined. I’ve heard some people have had them combined. We may ask once more with a different agent. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have 5 MSC cruises booked, all with different agents and we were not allowed to combine the discounts. It is one or the other.

I was just online and signed up for the voyager club because I saw a $50 obc...has anyone received it that was booked on the seaside?

To avail of the OBC offer, you have to book a cruise from the Voyagers Club Selection (where you get either a 5+5% discount or a 5+15% discount - check out the Voyagers Club area of the website for a list of the cruises under each of the offers).

We we're able to do this on our booking a week ago. Booked with the Voyagers club discount and found out afterwords there was a military discount. Called MSC customer service directly, after waiting 40 minutes to get thru to someone they added the 10% military discount as well. Showed up on our booking almost instantly.

We we're able to do this on our booking a week ago. Booked with the Voyagers club discount and found out afterwords there was a military discount. Called MSC customer service directly, after waiting 40 minutes to get thru to someone they added the 10% military discount as well. Showed up on our booking almost instantly.

You got lucky or someone that did not know different but I have not been able to do it with 5 cruises and if you notice it states in rules can be removed. Also terms state it cannot be combined with Voyagers Club.

Up to a 10% discount can be applied to the prevailing market and/or promotional rates based on ship sailing date chosen. 10% off is applicable on select Balcony, Suites and YC1 staterooms; 5% discount is applicable on select Interior and Ocean View staterooms. Discount rates apply to all to active and retired U.S. and Canadian military, civil service and interline personnel and their spouses, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law. Qualifying guests must present an I.D. badge from their respective organization at the time of booking. This discount does not apply to Military and/or Civil Service Rates issued through a dedicated promotion. Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion and may be withdrawn without notice. Offer is capacity controlled, subject to availability and restrictions may apply. Not combinable with MSC Voyagers Club Discount. Government taxes and fees for all guests are additional. MSC Cruises reserves the right to pass on any fuel surcharge without notice to all guests. MSC Cruises reserves the right to refuse to honor any prices/sailings that are erroneously printed or quoted. Ask for "Military and Civil Service Discount" promotion when booking. Ship's registry: Panama and Valletta.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

You military discount can be applied after booking by having the booking re-fared. Go for the 10% military discount. True only one discount can be applied, Voyager 5% goes away.

Dennis

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk