Car Service Recommendation London

Susie B.

4 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

I am calculating approximately 1 1/2 hours to get through customs.  The best rate that I have received from all the Transportation companies is from Blackberry. They quoted me 120 pounds for two persons from Southampton to LHR.  

Are you talking about clearing customs at LHR?  I ask because you mention a transfer FROM Southampton to LHR.  If it's really the latter, please keep in mind that Blackberry is based in London, and you might want to use Smith's, which is based in Southampton.   If you are in fact going from LHR to Southampton, Blackberry is a good choice.  (As I noted in a post earlier on this thread, we used them a few months ago and they were excellent.)

In terms of clearing Immigration at LHR, I told them the scheduled arrival time of my flight and asked THEM how long, given their experience, they thought we should build in for getting our checked bags and going through Immigration, and they did give me an estimated time.   90 minutes sounds very long, but I am sure it all depends on the time of day and how many flights are arriving.  You might want to ask them directly what they think.

Enjoy your trip!

21 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Are you talking about clearing customs at LHR?  I ask because you mention a transfer FROM Southampton to LHR.  If it's really the latter, please keep in mind that Blackberry is based in London, and you might want to use Smith's, which is based in Southampton.   If you are in fact going from LHR to Southampton, Blackberry is a good choice.  (As I noted in a post earlier on this thread, we used them a few months ago and they were excellent.)

In terms of clearing Immigration at LHR, I told them the scheduled arrival time of my flight and asked THEM how long, given their experience, they thought we should build in for getting our checked bags and going through Immigration, and they did give me an estimated time.   90 minutes sounds very long, but I am sure it all depends on the time of day and how many flights are arriving.  You might want to ask them directly what they think.

Enjoy your trip!

Yes, clearing customs at LHR.  We plan on using Blackberry for several trips. 1.  LHR to London Hotel.  2.  Hotel to South Hampton and possibly 3.   Southhampton to LHR. But will look at Smith's again for this portion.   Haven't confirmed yet.  Looking at all our options.  

Question: are these companies also good to hire drivers for day?  We booked special access to Stonehenge at 8pm at night, so we are thinking to get a driver for afternoon, maybe go to Bath, eat early dinner, and then go to Stonehenge and back to London at end of evening. Any suggestions? This would be for 2 people in July 2019, thanks, also I will check these recommendations for transfer LHR to hotel London, and also London to Greenwich for cruise departure , thanks again

judi

• 2 weeks later...

... and also London to Greenwich for cruise departure , thanks again

judi

I've been looking at things to do in/around London for an upcoming trip/cruise. I've never been there, but it seems like a really fun option for getting to the Greenwich pier from "London" for departure would be one of the Thames river ferries. Drops you off right at the tender pier by the Cutty Sark.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, just_dont said:

I've been looking at things to do in/around London for an upcoming trip/cruise. I've never been there, but it seems like a really fun option for getting to the Greenwich pier from "London" for departure would be one of the Thames river ferries. Drops you off right at the tender pier by the Cutty Sark.

I'm not sure I would want to do it with luggage.

Fair enough.
While I haven't been there, I have lugged bags on/off trains around Germany. And public transportation that happens to provide a scenic route past a number of London landmarks, including the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, the London Eye, the Globe, etc., AND drops you off right at your cruise ship seems like an effort I (personally) would make.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, gnome12 said:
6 hours ago, just_dont said:

I've never been there, but it seems like a really fun option for getting to the Greenwich pier from "London" for departure would be one of the Thames river ferries. Drops you off right at the tender pier by the Cutty Sark.

Thames Clippers says:-

Can I take luggage on board?

You may bring luggage on board provided it does not obstruct access to safety equipment, gangways, stairs and passageways and is not placed on seats. 

You may not bring on board any item that is more than 2 metres long, hazardous or inflammable substances

As per our conditions of carriage, we reserve the right to refuse permission for you to take any item on to a vessel.

And I have occasionally seen it done.

I wouldn't try this on one of the sightseeing tourist boats, though.

1 hour ago, Globaliser said:

Thames Clippers says:-

Can I take luggage on board?

You may bring luggage on board provided it does not obstruct access to safety equipment, gangways, stairs and passageways and is not placed on seats. 

You may not bring on board any item that is more than 2 metres long, hazardous or inflammable substances

As per our conditions of carriage, we reserve the right to refuse permission for you to take any item on to a vessel.

And I have occasionally seen it done.

I wouldn't try this on one of the sightseeing tourist boats, though.

To me that says that if it is busy, you might have to wait with your luggage.

31 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

It would have to be very busy for there to be insufficient space.

Thanks for that. I admit I have no idea of the size of the boats or the number of people. I was commenting generically.