Scheduled Time in Port

We are on Rhapsody sailing out of Venice Sept 22nd. Our cruise planner lists our time in Mykonos as 7am-4pm. Does this mean last boarding will be at 4pm or will we depart at 4pm with last boarding being earlier?

I am booking excursions and want to get the most of port time and need to book our transfer back to the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on Rhapsody sailing out of Venice Sept 22nd. Our cruise planner lists our time in Mykonos as 7am-4pm. Does this mean last boarding will be at 4pm or will we depart at 4pm with last boarding being earlier?

I am booking excursions and want to get the most of port time and need to book our transfer back to the ship.

Yes, 4PM is departing time. However, there will be an announcement in the daily planner or by the Captain's staff to be on board 30-45 minutes prior.

Don't know what you like or dislike, but since you are booking excursions look at taking the ferry to Delos Island. Delos is a very old center of commerce (over 3000 years old) and the ruins are amazing! You do have to check the times, as the ferry only runs certain times out and back. But we did it with no problem. The only thing other than the ruins is the ticket shop and museum. We simply went to the ferry ticket booth at the harbor where the tender dropped us off and bought tickets to the island, then at the island, bought entrance tickets. We were there for plenty of time, then came back and still had time to walk around Mykonos.

Take a look on line and see if you think Delos Island is something you'd like to see and if the times fit with your ship departure. Was pretty impressive.

Thank you for the information on Delos. We had considered this option as well as a catamaran day tour but have decided on a relaxing, beach day for our family in Mykonos as we enjoy snorkeling and this will be our only opportunity on this cruise.

It means that the ship leaves at 4pm so the back on board time will be earlier. Also, when we have been to Mykonos it has been a tender stop so you need to take into account the last tender time.

Pay attention to this statement about it being a tender port.

While the ship may be departing at 4 PM and all aboard time is usually a half hour or more ahead of the scheduled departure, at a tender port there is usually a listing of the time the last passenger tender will be leaving the pier. That time may be as much as an hour before scheduled ship departure.

While a tender may be held for late arriving ship excursions, it will not be held for independent excursions.

4 PM would be the departing time. All passengers need to be on board 30 minutes prior to the ship leaving. Keep your watch on Ship time. This is just my personal rule, but never book a tour that will be longer then 4 maybe 5 hours. this allows me time at the end of a tour to walk around the port and be back on board 1 - 2 hours before the ship leaves. Only time I will book an all day tour is when we are in port until the evening or overnight.

It looks like there are 3 cruise ships in Mykonos when you are there. There are very few taxis on Mykonos so be aware of that when you make your plans.

Looks like there are 3 in addition to Rhapsody, 2 Costa ships and Ventura. Since you are scheduled to arrive at 7am, there is only one pier, so Rhapsody should get it. When we were on Rhapsody in Mykonos, they had a water taxi to/from the ship to the downtown area. Make sure you are aware of when the last water taxi leaves the downtown area.