Whispering Around The World 2019

mysty

And now we hit a snag!  I called FedEx this morning to confirm the luggage pick up scheduled for tomorrow.  We don't have a confirmation number and I provided all the details to the agent.  She went off to search the database and returned with the info that NO pick up was scheduled for our location.  I have sent an email to our TA.  If push comes to shove I will send a message directly to Mr. Sansone.  Fingers crossed that this works out!

28 minutes ago, DCCruiser57 said:

Mysty - what about the tracking number just above the lower bar code?

Thanks DCC57!  I gave the agent that number as well.  I provided name, address, postal code, telephone number and that tracking number.  She found nothing!  Our TA is currently on the case.  Hopefully this will just be a teeny blip.  🙂

We have lift off!  TA got the confirmation number from Mr. Sansone.  I called FedEx and they confirmed pick up scheduled for tomorrow between 1:30 pm and 4:30 pm.  Do I hear the Hallelujah Chorus?  🙂  Another of my nerves has stopped fraying. 

5 minutes ago, mysty said:

We have lift off!  TA got the confirmation number from Mr. Sansone.  I called FedEx and they confirmed pick up scheduled for tomorrow between 1:30 pm and 4:30 pm.  Do I hear the Hallelujah Chorus?  🙂  Another of my nerves has stopped fraying. 

Great news mysty! Glad that's settled. 😄

Now just the routine things to stress about... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Meet & Mingle Counts:

January 6 - 16

March 18 - 10

April 3 - 6

April 17 - 8

May 11 - 4

4 Segments meet the quorum.  One is very close.  The other 4 have no registered CC members.

Hard to sit still these days.  🙂 

Well Done Fedex

Cases picked up UK 17.06 Monday

Cases arrived San Francisco 16.08 Wednesday 

All I have to do is get 2 more cases packed and then relax and have a small libation.

Just your average Joe.

Don't know why I am doing this when I could be sitting in a small room drinking Cup A Soup:) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, mysty said:

Hooray, Mysty!  So glad things are falling into place.  We are getting more and more excited with only about 2 weeks left until we leave. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HunEBear said:

Hooray, Mysty!  So glad things are falling into place.  We are getting more and more excited with only about 2 weeks left until we leave. 

Thanks HunE!  We are very excited too!  I can barely sit still at this point.  I think I am actually vibrating!  🙂  I'm hoping the lovely BB14 lets us know her impressions of the Lady Whisper once she sails today.  Also very much hoping they have not done away with the various suite storage options the Lady provided!

Edited by mysty

The bags have left the building!  🙂  Smooth sendoff.  

DSC05216b.jpg.4506197a79727b510cab056b933b77c9.jpg

And now for a little traveling music.....

Travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody’s looking for something....
(Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics)

All my bags are packed,
I'm ready to go........
(Leaving on a Jet Plane by John Denver)

California dreamin' (California dreamin')
On such a winter's day.......
(California Dreamin' by The Mamas & The Papas)

Someday, I'll wish upon a star
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney top
That's where you'll find me.........
(Over the Rainbow by Judy Garland)

If we've only got this life
And this adventure, oh then I
Wanna share it with you.....
(Adventure of a Lifetime by Coldplay)

17 days to sail away........

1 minute ago, threeforthree said:

Sailing takes me away to where I'm going.  (Christopher Cross)

I am sailing away.  Set an open course for the Galaxy (Styx)

Love it 343!  Thanks for adding to the musical accompaniment!  🙂

1 hour ago, mysty said:

The bags have left the building!  🙂  Smooth sendoff.  

All my bags are packed,
I'm ready to go........
(Leaving on a Jet Plane by John Denver)

So happy for you, Mysty!  Love, love, love the music, especially Leaving on a Jet Plane.  My husband jokes that I am not allowed to hum or sing the opening lyrics to that song while I am getting ready for a trip until I am actually packed.  He realizes I need all the motivation I can get!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, threeforthree said:

Our bags just visited UPS to check weight; 3 in the high 40's, one in the high 30's.  What a nice thing getting rid of 4 of them ahead of time.  In the past, we had to get them there ourselves..

343...that's some major packing!  Ours are not quite so heavy (27, 28, 30, 37) and it is still a very nice perk not to have to worry about getting them on a plane ourselves!  🙂

8 minutes ago, HunEBear said:

So happy for you, Mysty!  Love, love, love the music, especially Leaving on a Jet Plane.  My husband jokes that I am not allowed to hum or sing the opening lyrics to that song while I am getting ready for a trip until I am actually packed.  He realizes I need all the motivation I can get!

Thanks HunE!  My motivation was definitely the deadline!   Maybe you could squeeze in a quick hum while you are in the shower.  🙂  That's where my particular voice sounds best according to Myster.  Ha Ha!

• Haha 1

On 12/18/2018 at 11:43 PM, turtlemichael said:

And our white box has arrived this afternoon, five days before we leave home, so we are "good to go".

Turtle getting close to your departure time.  Safe Travels!  Have a wonderful time on your pre-cruise adventure!  Looking forward to meeting you and Turtle2!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mysty said:

Turtle getting close to your departure time.  Safe Travels!  Have a wonderful time on your pre-cruise adventure!  Looking forward to meeting you and Turtle2!

Yes, 72 hours until we go. Still a load of things to do.  Our route is Christmas in Sydney with family, then across to Auckland overnight for a dinner, then back to Sydney and on to San Francisco next Friday. I am noted for my complex flight itineraries!

Unfortunately we have had a minor medical drama in the last couple of days.  I had to have an s.c.c. chopped off my cheek this morning. The doctor pulled out all stops seeing it was only diagnosed yesterday. The good bit is that Turtle2 is a retired medical practitioner so he will be able to take the stitches out in Auckland or in San Francisco if that works better.  His specialty is not surgery but that's another story.  So I will have a scary scar for a few weeks. Spending most of my childhood and teenage years on the beach does not seem such a good idea in retrospect, especially with Celtic skin. If it's not snakes, sharks or crocodiles in this country, something else will get you!  I'm grateful it was diagnosed yesterday and not in a few weeks.

I wish everyone safe travels and look forward to meeting you in San Francisco.

Edited by turtlemichael

Turtle and 2, have a great Christmas. Those SCC's are scary. Glad you found it now. Can't  wait to see the James Bond scar. Safe travels and have a great Christmas.

PS   Tell #2 to bring his scalpel and stitches as I may have another small  SCC to go.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

Unfortunately we have had a minor medical drama in the last couple of days.  I had to have an s.c.c. chopped off my cheek this morning. The doctor pulled out all stops seeing it was only diagnosed yesterday.

5 hours ago, Lifesgreat said:

Can't  wait to see the James Bond scar.

Wow Turtle that was cutting it close (no pun intended)!  I hope your recovery goes smoothly.  And I agree with Lifesgreat about the interesting James Bond scar!  It might make it easier for us to find you in the crowd.  🙂  

We are also looking forward to meeting all the lovely folks who will be along for this glorious ride.

• Like 1

FedEx update....our four bags have arrived in SFO and they have been signed for.  They are considered delivered!  Hallelujah!  They are currently on hold.  They have made it this far.  🙂 Best wishes for delivery for all! 

• Like 2

Turtlemichael..  We can compare SCC scars.  I have many.  Our luggage is much heavier unless you were quoting it in kilos.  I aim for 50 pounds per, and he has to drag 200 pounds through airports.

Safe and fun travels to all.  See you in Singapore.

• Like 1

Quick question....does anyone know if the Library on Lady Whisper has been saved and the books remain?  I'm in the throes of indecision about bringing books or kindle with us.  There used to be a wide variety of reading options.  I'm wondering if they remain.  Input gratefully accepted.  🙂 

The updated deck plan shows the library and internet cafe in the same location and they appear to be the same size.  However, who knows if the deck plan corresponds with the actual layout.  Hopefully, someone currently on the ship will provide some updates.

• Thanks 1