Carnival Dream - Live - Aug 26-Sep 2 - NOLA to Eastern Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

Love, love, love Key West! Never cruised there, but spent a week there last summer. All your pictures brought back so many memories of our trip. Thanks again for this fabulous review!

I’m going to have to do this route again. I’m not going to have enough time here or in Nassau

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m going to have to do this route again. I’m not going to have enough time here or in Nassau

Totally agree! There is so much to see and do in Key West. You wouldn't think so from the size, but it is packed with wonderful things to do. Get a slice of pie for sure!!!

I have several cans of sun block with me...and various levels of SPF up to 70. Today I inadvertently went with 0 SPF and that was a mistake. If you’ve ever seen the movie summer rental, you know what I’m talking about.

I’m glad I went with what I thought the CD said this morning which is back on board 3:30 pm and not what is in the fun times which is 5:30. Because we’re sailing away at 4pm. Think I forgot the fun time upload this morning

I have some time this morning so let’s talk parking.

When it comes to park and cruise hotels there are none that take you to the port, pick you up from port and give you parking included. I’ve heard it has something to do with the taxi cab union. Here on some p&c hotels know of:

Country inn and suites in Metairie. They let you park there and shuttle you to the port but you have to find your own way back. It’s about a $15 Uber/lyft.

Holiday inn Downtown Superdome. Parking included but no port transportation. I think it’s about an $8 Uber/lyft.

Hampton inn and suites New Orleans convention center. Shuttle to the port included..not sure if they have a return shuttle. The big catch is they charge $14/day for parking which at that price you could’ve picked maybe a cheaper hotel and parked in Fulton garage.

Prytania Park I haven’t heard about this garden district hotel in awhile but as of a couple years ago they let you park there if you stay two nights. I don’t think any transportation is included.

I’ve recently heard you can get parking included at the holiday inn West Bank..which is the round hotel across the river. But transportation is not included.

Port parking is $140 for a 7-night cruise. But you’re right there in the building. Just have to go down the elevator. I’ve heard that porters may even meet you at your car but I’ve never done it so I can’t confirm. The only other port I have to compare with is Galveston where your port parking is in a garage across the street.

Another option is what I do which is park at an offsite garage that shuttles you to/from the port. I use Fulton garage which comes to $106 covered and $83 rooftop. It’s manned 24/7 and has 64 security cameras. Shuttle to and from the port. This is the option I’ll be showing you today. It will be my sixth time using them.

The other one I’m aware of is Machu Picchu Tours. This is a smaller place. Single floor garage. They shuttle you to and from the port and charge $110 for the week.

The Holiday Inn Tower in Gretna, LA is across the Crescent City Connection Bridge from the port. They have a Cruise and Park special with shuttle.

Is this the place someone said to go to? It was capt something. This is capt tonys. It seems like a historic place and they have their own beer so that’ll work for me.

6ae85c2ea0718a6db445a1a10b588ee7.png

Capt Tony’s Amber

8752edf69b190d413b3945a215d18138.jpg

6a3c148db75d920b12d02b4dc6a614d2.jpg

The walls in this place are covered with signed dolla dolla bills, bras, and hats

498d42935fc006d37f2e3f303cca29a3.jpg

c09a6a49920b11d92954537a0048579b.jpg

04c759ab24817cc0b6c360085cf5fe54.jpg

That's the place, hope you enjoyed it. Brings back many memories. Their own brand of beer is something new to me, hope it's good. Hope to be there in the near future.

That's the place, hope you enjoyed it. Brings back many memories. Their own brand of beer is something new to me, hope it's good. Hope to be there in the near future.

Do you know the story behind the names on the bar stools and the dollar bills/undergarments hanging on the walls?

I’m glad I went with what I thought the CD said this morning which is back on board 3:30 pm and not what is in the fun times which is 5:30. Because we’re sailing away at 4pm. Think I forgot the fun time upload this morning

The Fun Time you uploaded, right after shows "Back Aboard" as 3:30 PM.