Scammed by Florida taxi drivers

xcell

I have only used Uber a couple of times. How do you request a pickup from the port to go to the airport? I’m imagining hundreds of people milling about waiting for a ride, so how would I recognize the driver and how would he recognize me? Or are they waiting somewhere just like taxis?

When you order your Uber, you know the type of car that's coming as well as the license plate. So for example you would look for a red Toyota Camry license XYZ-123 to show up. As soon as you see the car, you hop in. You can also send a note when you do your order. i.e. "I'm wearing a green shirt and a white baseball cap, standing at the end of the sidewalk near a white van"

When you order your Uber, you know the type of car that's coming as well as the license plate. So for example you would look for a red Toyota Camry license XYZ-123 to show up. As soon as you see the car, you hop in. You can also send a note when you do your order. i.e. "I'm wearing a green shirt and a white baseball cap, standing at the end of the sidewalk near a white van"

Great. Thanks.

Everyone needs to earn a crust. It is not as though the cab driver is Diamond Jim.

Let it go, put it down to experience. Why sweat the small stuff when you can be watching the big things?

Live and learn. You are not the first person to feel scammed by a taxi fare. You won't be the last. Let it go....worry and fretting will only shorten your lifespan and your joie de vive.