Prinsendam upsell: I'm weak, I jumped!

manteonc

We were weak also. Went from an outside CaT C to a Signature Suite for about $450 or so each. We lost our prepaid gratuities, but still come out way ahead.

Nice :) and well done.

enjoy it and your cruise :D

We got an upsell offer yesterday for a Signature Suite and took it. The person I spoke with at HAL said it was the last one available and it was right above the Vista Suite we had previously booked. Will make our final voyage on the Prinsendam extra special.

We are getting ready for our very first Prinsendam cruise, 14 days. I already was very happy with the Vista cabin guarantee, and thought I had convinced myself to ignore upsell offers. Ha! Still a month out, I got an upsell offer today to a Signature Suite for $249pp. I knew a better one would come if I could just wait, and I tried to hold out. I was strong for two hours, but I caved and booked. Because we had gotten a very good sale price to begin with, we now have a Prinsendam 14 day Signature Suite for $160pp/pd. It should be an excellent 14 days. We love to eat on our balcony but it usually is so difficult to manage. I understand that our balcony table now, though small, is dining height, so yaaa! Thanks for giving me somewhere to be excited!

Sounds really good -enjoy your cruise!:D

We have all of our bookings marked 'Do Not Upgrade' (our TA does this automatically because she knows us well). :) We always carefully and methodically research cabin locations, deck plans, etc.; then select the cabin we like / want and book it...plain and simple.

No surprises, no drama..;):D

We have all of our bookings marked 'Do Not Upgrade' (our TA does this automatically because she knows us well). :) We always carefully and methodically research cabin locations, deck plans, etc.; then select the cabin we like / want and book it...plain and simple.

No surprises, no drama..;):D

My sympathies :) :halo::')

There is a separate area with toilette and a door both to the suite and to the bathroom. Perfect.

7929d5c8a53d0237db02962ac3ea8f95.jpg

Tons of pics on the site that can be named. And OMG, I haven't put these up yet.

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have all of our bookings marked 'Do Not Upgrade' ...

Curious, does this ‘Do not upgrade’ marking stop Upgrade &/or Upsell offers being sent to you (your TA) from HAL? I assumed this option meant HAL would not auto-upgrade our pre-selected specific room assignment without our approval.

We would like to receive upgrade/upsell offers ... should we have our TA “uncheck” this booking selection?

Thanks. Dogstar.

Curious, does this ‘Do not upgrade’ marking stop Upgrade &/or Upsell offers being sent to you (your TA) from HAL? I assumed this option meant HAL would not auto-upgrade our pre-selected specific room assignment without our approval.

We would like to receive upgrade/upsell offers ... should we have our TA “uncheck” this booking selection?

Thanks. Dogstar.

You are correct, the DNU caveat on a booking only prevents HAL from 'auto-upgrading' us without our prior consent. You or your TA may still receive upgrade/upsell offers from HAL as they become available for your consideration.

You are correct' date=' the DNU caveat on a booking only prevents HAL from 'auto-upgrading' us without our prior consent. You or your TA may still receive upgrade/upsell offers from HAL as they become available for your consideration.[/quote']

Phew! Thanks KroozNut.

• 2 weeks later...