UDP and martinis

IrishColleen53

Someone posted that only 2 martinis are part of the unlimited drink package!:mad: I was looking forward to drinking different martinis on the Bliss next week. Is this true?
ALWAYS read the T&Cs of anything you purchase......

That "someone" can always be guessing, talking about an experience 10 years ago, not even on NCL, a troll or just an opinion..... lots of great info on CC but important to do your own due diligence.... recommended from the actual seller of package or service etc

https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

There are a couple of “featured” martinis that do exceed $15 but, as pointed out above, you pay only the difference. All the rest are under the $15 price point. Examples: Grey Goose cosmo, Bombay Sapphire gin martini. You’ll have ample opportunities for great martinis at no additional charges.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All martinis can be gotten with the drink package; some are free and some are at an upcharge. On our last cruise we went to the martini bar most nights. About half were free and half were around a $3 upcharge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So every time I order a martini I will have to ask if it's included? It seems strange to me that a martini would be more than $15.

So every time I order a martini I will have to ask if it's included? It seems strange to me that a martini would be more than $15.

List prices for NCL drinks are high, even for cruise ships. $10 for a bottled beer, $16 for a shot of woodford reserve, etc.

I've spent a lot of time in NCL bars, and I've seen someone with a UBP pay the additional charge for a drink just a handful of times. The bartenders very much try to avoid surprising the guest with bills for drinks they believe to be included.

The best bet for you is to just specify what liquor you want in your martini. For a drink like that, you're just charged for whatever booze you decide to go with. Otherwise, the specialty martinis are listed in the menu with their price. I'm not a martini drinker myself, but I vaguely recall a decent selection of specialties.

You're making this more complicated than it has to be....... your question has been answered multiple times by multiple people

- ALL martinis are available with the UBP

- Half the martins are under $15 and incur no upcharge

- Half the martinis are over $15 and incur upcharge plus 20% that will usually equal $3 (they are specialty martinis and being on a cruise or resort they will be marked up)

- YOU can substitute the alcohol to stay under or go over the $15 (meaning substitute Kettle One with Ciroc and you're probably over $15)

Here's a menu from Shaker's Martini Bar:

https://eatsleepcruise.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Shakers_Specilaty_1.jpg

The drink prices on NCL are similar to drink prices where I live ($8 beers, $12 wine, $15 martinis), most martinis on NCL are under $15, but there are some over $15 and you just pay the difference plus additional gratuity.