On board credit

Treacher1

Above answers are not correct.

You can *call* NCL to arrange the excursions, etc., without paying in advance.

Online? There is no way online (that we are aware of) to avoid the payment at the time of reservation.

A phone call is easy enough...

Our great PCC told us about this work-around, and then did it for us several times.

GC

Online? There is no way online (that we are aware of) to avoid the payment at the time of reservation.

Our great PCC told us about this work-around, and then did it for us several times.

GC

You CANNOT use OBC to purchase things before boarding. Certain things, like shore excursions can be arranged before boarding but they are not booked until you are actually on the ship. Other items, such as dining cannot be paid with OBC until on board.

You CANNOT use OBC to purchase things before boarding. Certain things, like shore excursions can be arranged before boarding but they are not booked until you are actually on the ship. Other items, such as dining cannot be paid with OBC until on board.

I'm not sure what it means to say an excursion is "arranged" but not "booked".

We had our excursions all "set", and they showed up the same as if we had paid, but we hadn't yet paid. The reservation information looked the same.

What's the difference between "arranging" and "booking"?

For us, what mattered was we didn't want one specific excursion to sell out before boarding, and we wanted to be able to use our OBC.

GC

GC

I thought this was only if you had the shore excursion credit as a perk. This can be done anytime?

I thought this was only if you had the shore excursion credit as a perk. This can be done anytime?

Unless something has changed recently.

We've never had any "shore excursion credit" of any type, so that definitely wasn't relevant.

As mentioned, we wanted to use our OBC to pay for an excursion. (We usually take private excursions, so this wasn't a regular situation for us.)

I was speaking with our PCC about this, and *after* I had already signed up for the excursion and paid, and I mentioned what a shame it was that I couldn't "hold our place" and wait until we were on board and then use our OBC.

He explained what the better way was (and how it must be done by phone).

Next thing we knew, he had our charge card payment cancelled (or credited; I don't remember, but we never had to pay for that cost in advance), and we were still both signed up for the excursion during all of the remaining pre-cruise time, and once onboard, our OBC was used as we wanted to have happen.

GC