Anyone use the $50 per port credit for a disembark excursion/airport transfer?

Mac4YYZ

According to the T&Cs..... the credit can be applied on debarkation day: https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.*

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.*

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.*

For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account.

Yes, yes and yes it was a fantastic option.

Thanksgiving a year ago on the Southern Caribbean cruise from San Juan. I used it for a tour of San Juan and drop off at the airport. Luggage was lined up right outside the airport door after the tour, just had to wheel it inside for screening and check in.

The tour included real stops at places like El Moro (the fort), time to shop in business district, the beach stop and of course discussions on the state of the city post hurricane.

After the credit was applied it was a $9 ride to the airport! (actually $3 after my Silver excursion discount).

When it fits my travel plans I will always use this option when I have the perk.

Thanks for the info everyone. I think this could be a good option for disembark in LA to LAX. Just have to find out when the thing ends to book the return flight.

Be sure to check the fine print on the excursion. Usually they specify the earliest departure times that qualify to take the transfer trip. For my upcoming cruise from Tampa they say flights must leave no earlier than 3pm.

I also would Ike to take advantage of the $50 onboard credit. I have them booked at each port, except for Miami. My flight leaves late, so once I get off the ship. I would like to do Miami tour that takes you to the airport after. My question is this. I know for the ports, you get your credit added once you do the excursion. How would they do that for Miami, since it will be once you getoff the ship? :confused:

I am wondering if the $50 per port credit would work for one of the sightseeing airport transfer tours they do on disembark day.

I used 2 credits (had the destination package too) for the tour and transfer in May. They had the credit posted for the final OBC statement before we disembarked. Great Deal!

Tom

I also would Ike to take advantage of the $50 onboard credit. I have them booked at each port, except for Miami. My flight leaves late, so once I get off the ship. I would like to do Miami tour that takes you to the airport after. My question is this. I know for the ports, you get your credit added once you do the excursion. How would they do that for Miami, since it will be once you getoff the ship? :confused:

The port excursion staff post the credit the night before for the disembarkation tours. I assume if you cancel it they would then deduct the credit from your refund.

Tom

Thanks so much! Unfortunately, I checked to book something for when I would get off the ship in Miami and they have no excursion at all for that port! Just my luck! Now I will have to sit at the airport all day! :(

There IS a tour for Miami. It’s a hop on hop off bus tour to see Miami and includes complementary airport shuttle when you’re done with the tour. You can choose either a tour that ends at Miami airport or that ends at the Fort Lauderdale airport. After you deduct the $50 discount these would cost you only five dollars for Miami or nine dollars for Fort Lauderdale which is much cheaper than any other transfers you could purchase! The price might even be lower if you are entitled to a latitudes discount.

c7184b4c8fe89bc1e860196be06d7999.jpg9749d5d63d89e6af910675ce2a9d7387.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much! Unfortunately, I checked to book something for when I would get off the ship in Miami and they have no excursion at all for that port! Just my luck! Now I will have to sit at the airport all day! :(

When is your cruise? I have never had a cruise that did not have an excursion ending at the airport, maybe its just too early? Good luck! Note to the poster suggesting the hop/off bus, the whole goal here was to use the NCL credit so it has to be a NCL tour.

Tom

I have done that hop on hop off before and really enjoyed it. I was hoping to do it in Miami as well, but there is no excursion listed! I am leaving on the Sun, on Sept. 30th. They have all excursions listed, but none for Miami! Trust me, I checked! :(

Question. Does the hop on hop off stop at different sites and wait for you to get off snd back on since they have your luggage or is that just a continuous tour where you don’t get off since you were winding up at the airport thanks for any input we are going to do this.

When is your cruise? I have never had a cruise that did not have an excursion ending at the airport, maybe its just too early? Good luck! Note to the poster suggesting the hop/off bus, the whole goal here was to use the NCL credit so it has to be a NCL tour.

Tom

If you look at the screenshots I posted you will see that the hop on hop off bus tour that I reported IS an NCL tour!

Question. Does the hop on hop off stop at different sites and wait for you to get off snd back on since they have your luggage or is that just a continuous tour where you don’t get off since you were winding up at the airport thanks for any input we are going to do this.

I have mobility issues so I am not able to do a hop on hop off bus tour because my “hopper” doesn’t work anymore! I just listed it as one option that is given for my upcoming cruise for post-cruise Norwegian Cruise line tours.