Bring my own peanut butter?

lady_aj

Is it possible to eat and snack on healthful meals on board Celebrity Equinox? Traveling with two little ones and I'd like to make sure they aren't eating too much junk food during the cruise both on board and port days. At home we eat a lot of rolled oats, sugar free peanut butter, no adde dsugar jam, etc. Will everything on board be jiffy and other commercial brands with lots of sugars and additives?

My daughter does this every cruise (she also brings her own bread) - its no problem!

You'll find oatmeal at breakfast though (Ocean View buffet or in the mdr.) You can also get it as part of room service breakfast with a great selection of fresh fruit, yogurt, etc if you don't want anyone tempted by the crazy array of foods at the buffet.

Have a great cruise!

It isn’t a problem to find and eat healthier items. They do have small packs of cereal, oatmeal, muesli, fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs/ egg whites made to order and etc.

Lunch time there is a salad bar but there again you have to be careful because all ofthe add on aren’t as heathy as many think. There are areas that have fish, chicken, turkey.

The hardest part will be to steer them away from the pizza, burger and fries. Along with the desert and ice cream bar

I don’t know if peanut butter is really that healthy. We buy the organic peanut butter from Costco. The only ingredient is peanuts and sea salt, 2 Tbsp is 200 cal and 140 is from fat. I know that peanut oil is supposed to be healthier but 2 tbsp isn’t much and load up a bagel or bread and you could be pushing over 600 calories. That is a large chunk of the daily allowance. Just be prepared to or plan on leaving it when disembarking. No food items are allowed back into the country.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

My daughter does this every cruise (she also brings her own bread) - its no problem!

You'll find oatmeal at breakfast though (Ocean View buffet or in the mdr.) You can also get it as part of room service breakfast with a great selection of fresh fruit, yogurt, etc if you don't want anyone tempted by the crazy array of foods at the buffet.

Have a great cruise!

They have Oatmeal in Aqua Spa cafe with fruit. Really good.

Plenty of healthy options as others have said.

There are "sugar-free" desserts however my guess is they have chemical sweeteners which aren't healthy

With the grilled/roasted meats, fruits, cheeses, salads, fish, poached eggs etc etc you will have lots of eating options.

When going ashore you cannot take food off the ship