On Horizon or Vista: which cabin would you rather...

laumicmah

Currently have inside havana but can upgrade to aft-ext family harbor for like $140 total more.

Stay put. Just trust me. You're going to love the peace and quiet of the Havana area. Also if you are prone to motion sickness or if vibrations bother you, then all the way aft on Deck 2 can be a little rough. I love the movement and noise, but many people don't. Also keep in mind you'll have a bunch of kids running the halls on Deck 2. No kids under 12 in Havana.

Exteneded aft harbor or Havana ? Man, stick with the extended aft in the FH ..... no question about it. Why would you even compare an inside anywhere to an exteded aft. Only one cabin holds 4 in the FH aft cabin section so kids back there won't be a real issue. Not even a comparsion in my opinion. Extended aft or inside ...... Um ..... Yeah. You'll get access to the breakfast, snacks, and drinks in the FH as well.

Exteneded aft harbor or Havana ? Man, stick with the extended aft in the FH ..... no question about it. Why would you even compare an inside anywhere to an exteded aft. Only one cabin holds 4 in the FH aft cabin section so kids back there won't be a real issue. Not even a comparsion in my opinion. Extended aft or inside ...... Um ..... Yeah. You'll get access to the breakfast, snacks, and drinks in the FH as well.

I have stayed in Havana and some of my friends and family were in FH. Hands down Havana wins. We aren't in our cabin anyway and the Havana area outside with your own pools, hot tubs, and especially loungers make it a no brainer. I wrote about it in my Vista review last year. They are 2 totally different worlds and yes when we went down to their cabins in FH there were kids running up and down the halls. My sister and her family never even used the FH lounge. And in Havana you have everything close by with Ocean Plaza and the Bar right there. Havana cabin even an inside would be the ONLY way I would even consider another Vista class.

How are you going to see your friends if they have kids and can't come into the Havana area? Are they traveling with you or just happen to be on the same cruise? I figured you all could enjoy your extended aft together while staying in the FH. If you are staying in the Havana when do you plan on being with your friends?

How are you going to see your friends if they have kids and can't come into the Havana area? Are they traveling with you or just happen to be on the same cruise? I figured you all could enjoy your extended aft together while staying in the FH. If you are staying in the Havana when do you plan on being with your friends?

When we all wanted to hang out we met somewhere else and also had dinner together. We didn’t need to be around each other all the time and it worked out perfectly. We were so glad to have the Havana area to relax and get away from the crowds. They knew they couldn’t go into the aft Havana area until after 7pm and that was fine. There was plenty for everyone to do. Who wants to sit around in a cabin or on a balcony all day anyway? There are plenty of outdoor spaces especially on Deck 5 if you’re just looking to sit outside.

When we all wanted to hang out we met somewhere else and also had dinner together. We didn’t need to be around each other all the time and it worked out perfectly. We were so glad to have the Havana area to relax and get away from the crowds. They knew they couldn’t go into the aft Havana area until after 7pm and that was fine. There was plenty for everyone to do. Who wants to sit around in a cabin or on a balcony all day anyway? There are plenty of outdoor spaces especially on Deck 5 if you’re just looking to sit outside.

This pretty much. We are going together, we sort of. We planned the cruise together but they are flying in and we're driving in with a stop at Disney on the way. But they have 2 side by side suites in Family Harbor so we can hang out on their balconies. We also will do ports and dinners together and probably lots of nighttime activities. But there may be times when they are busy with the kids, so DH and I can hang in Havana area. DH and I are early risers too. Not sure our friends are. So we can go chill on Havana pool deck in the mornings.

I prefer quiet. That's why I moved us as we were originally booked in aft deck 2. I worry about vibrations and then kids. The kid thing would drive me bonkers...as a mom with college kids (I am a bit past the kids running and screaming bit).