Current black card specialty dinner on seaside?

LMaxwell

Can I use the Drinks on Us program in the restaurants?

From their FAQs page:

In which venues will the Drinks On Us and All-Inclusive DELUXE drink package be honored?• The Drinks On Us package will be honored at all bars on the ship, complimentary restaurants, and specialty restaurants.• The All-Inclusive DELUXE drink package will be honored at all bars on the ship, in complimentary restaurants, in specialtyrestaurants, and in your stateroom’s mini-bar

From their FAQs page:

In which venues will the Drinks On Us and All-Inclusive DELUXE drink package be honored?• The Drinks On Us package will be honored at all bars on the ship, complimentary restaurants, and specialty restaurants.• The All-Inclusive DELUXE drink package will be honored at all bars on the ship, in complimentary restaurants, in specialtyrestaurants, and in your stateroom’s mini-bar

What about the MDR?

It says "complimentary restaurants" which are the MDRs.

Thank you for your info. The reason I asked was in June on the Sinfonia they told us we could not order mixed drinks in the MDR. We had the Classic Pkg. We did finally get that resolved. HAPPY CRUISING!

Thank you for your info. The reason I asked was in June on the Sinfonia they told us we could not order mixed drinks in the MDR. We had the Classic Pkg. We did finally get that resolved. HAPPY CRUISING!

It was always my understanding that mixed drinks weren't served in the MDRs - only wine, water, beer and after-dinner liqueurs. However, I've noticed people on the forum (like yourself) who have managed to get mixed drinks. You're the first (that I know of) that achieved it on a non-US based ship.

It was always my understanding that mixed drinks weren't served in the MDRs - only wine, water, beer and after-dinner liqueurs. However, I've noticed people on the forum (like yourself) who have managed to get mixed drinks. You're the first (that I know of) that achieved it on a non-US based ship.

My first MSC cruise is coming up this winter in the Caribbean, so I have no first hand experience yet.

But I've read in several places on MSC websites that say all drink package drinks are available in bars, dining rooms, and specialty dining rooms.

For example, this is a clip from the full MSC brochure listing drink packages for cruises all over the world, specifying that they can be consumed in the restaurants. Then again, maybe they will say you need to order them elsewhere and carry them in?

149504648_DrinkPackageBrochure.jpg.17f7e3a2784b9e336243e61329b5dc17.jpg

My first MSC cruise is coming up this winter in the Caribbean, so I have no first hand experience yet.

But I've read in several places on MSC websites that say all drink package drinks are available in bars, dining rooms, and specialty dining rooms.

For example, this is a clip from the full MSC brochure listing drink packages for cruises all over the world, specifying that they can be consumed in the restaurants. Then again, maybe they will say you need to order them elsewhere and carry them in?

Yes ... your drinks package will cover you for whatever drinks are available in the different venues (and, obviously, only the ones that are included in your package) which would apply to the MDR list I posted. The available drinks in the MDR are listed on the wine list menu - mixed drinks are not included. IF someone insists on a mixed drink, they may find a waiter willing to get them one. However, it's MSC's policy not to serve mixed drinks in the MDR.

I understand the practice and the practicality. But the wording in their published materials doesn’t spell out such a policy. In fact it seems to imply that it’s all AVAILABLE wherever you want. They shouldn’t be surprised when someone expects it to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For certain drinks the waiter or assistant have to leave the dining room and go to the nearest bar in order to get them.

or "would have to".

we had multiple occasions on last cruise where they said, "no we don't have any here currently" (and that was just for the beer I order) (not in the restaurants, but in various bars on ship)

I maybe the first, but this was the first cruise or cruise line that i was told that i could not get a mixed drink in the MDR.

or "would have to".

we had multiple occasions on last cruise where they said, "no we don't have any here currently" (and that was just for the beer I order) (not in the restaurants, but in various bars on ship)

or We had

I really don't understand why if someone had a Bev Pkg and it is all you can drink, why MSC would not allow you to have a mixed drink in the MDR?

Do any of you people think that is right?

I remember when ships had bar staff in the MDR.

Do they stock beer and wine in the MDR?

If mixed drinks are not allowed in the MDR, that statement should be clearly stated in the pkg description.

Could you clarify?

I don't think telling a cruiser that he can't have a mixed drink in the MDR is the same as "publishing" a policy.

Thank you! I agree with you. I printed out the description of the package and presented it to Guests Relation Manager on the ship. She could not justify or explain why they could not serve mixed drinks in the MDR. After that, we could get mixed drinks.

Could you clarify?

I don't think telling a cruiser that he can't have a mixed drink in the MDR is the same as "publishing" a policy.

BUMP - I do hope that someone will get this resolved. Again, we would like to see something in the description that states this to clarify limiting this service. Personally, I believe this should not be. If you have unlimited drinks, that should be in any venue and includes the MDR.

Thank you!

BUMP - I do hope that someone will get this resolved. Again, we would like to see something in the description that states this to clarify limiting this service. Personally, I believe this should not be. If you have unlimited drinks, that should be in any venue and includes the MDR.

Thank you!

Nothing is ever "unlimited" on any cruise line.

I would think the reasoning is pretty basic.

Drinks that are offered in that venue are included.

When you're in the YC drinks are included across the ship, but if they don't have a drink at a bar then they don't have it. It's not like you suddenly have to pay for it, they just don't have it.

I think in an effort to have a more "traditional" MDR they only do wine etc.

Or it's just that they put the bars at an inconvenient place to the MDR so it would take too long for the servers to get them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

MSC used to have 3 people working a given number of tables, number 3 was the person who brought the drinks, MSC in their wisdom decided to remove number 3 which means there is only a waiter and assistant serving the tables including food, for drinks other than wine, Prosecco or Asti they have to leave the dining room and go to the nearest bar, usually the assistant waiter does the job.

We have just returned from the Voyager of the Seas where they still have three people serving the tables.