Grandeur scheduled for drydock 3/16/2019.

Arzeena

Wonder how many times they miss X-mas at RCI...because that shows up suddenly too....:rolleyes::eek:

Terrible management!:mad:

It really not at all like Christmas which is at a fixed time and “always available”.

It’s a lot more like scheduling time off for a necessary but flexible medical procedure. If you knew your were going to undergo knee replacement in a couple of years, would you schedule the time off then or wait until things were scheduled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

Is anything wrong with the Grandeur? Several years ago we were on the Grandeur and there was a loud disturbing noise mostly at night which could not be removed. We received credit towards another cruise for our inconvenience and not long after our trip, Grandeur went into dry dock. Therefore, I'm hesitant to go on the Feb 23, 2019 trip.

In the interest of full disclosure:

I was locked out of my cruise planner for the new cruise yesterday. I was not surprised--I am sure they were overwhelmed. Today I checked the planner and see that they have given me the full $150.

I am not sure what that cruise agent was talking about. . . . As Merion Mom says she was just making up information as she went along. How could my certificate be good for my old cruise--but, not for the new one? Why create angst like that. It was already a stressful situation.

However, there must have been someone that saw I had the OBC on my old cruise and put it back on the new cruise.

Good for you! Now do not call them and ask any questions about it.

Print that page out, take a screen shot of it ......in case there is a discrepancy later.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, wv_eagle said:

Does anyone know what they are planing to do to Grandeur while she's in dry dock?  Any updates to the ship while they have the opportunity?

Might be only required periodic marine maintenance and inspection.

Probably so but I hope they take advantage of the dry dock period to make any minor upgrades they can even if no major new features.     We're on her for the May 2nd sailing so it will be interesting to see what's done.  Sadly, I suspect nothing really visible.  I suspect they won't want to invest too much in an older class ship.  

Last time they replaced the awnings over the outdoor hot tubs, and some other maintenance type things.

I doubt there were be any major changes.

We will find out, we are on the April 6 sailing.