Explore 4 October Bonus OBC

Andi Land

Our cost was NOT $50 USD pp. I know how to add up my cappucinos, waters, etc. You don't have to drink a fair bit for it to be worthwhile depending on the price.
Seeing ice water is my f favorite drink now and never order cappucino........., never , not ever. . not too much adding up to do. :rolleyes: As I posted, the beverage part of the Explore4 has no value to me. I might order a glass of wine or two in a week. Their big deal promotion is not attractive to everyone. When I have to pay for 'free pinnacle dinner, as part of Explore 4 but get free from being 5* and have to pay for a beverage package I don't wan , It is eaxsy to see, Explore sinks foe mny of us, IMO .............. It would be great if they would put together a better package. I won't waste money on tha.t I don't parade around with a plastic bottle. to add to the ridiculous heap of them polluting the world. bottle of water in my hand. i like a glass with ice for my water, not a plastic bottle. WSEveryone has to do their math certainly and every cruise is not priced the same. I've done my math and even though we will still get wine at the MDR (choices are nice ;) ), it's still worthwhile for us, especially since our pricing is in Cdn dollars ;) Edited by sail7seas

To try to clarify:

My price had gone up but less than $50 pp so it was worth it to pick up $200 extra OBC pp in US $ (we paid in Canadian $). I was on hold for a brief moment and it was all done and we did not have refare.

Hope this helps.

So, basically, if your fare only goes up a smidge and it is before the final payment due date, you might be able to get the promotion added without refaring. However, if it goes up a bunch, you might not be so lucky. So if you are unsure where you stand, it doesn't hurt to at least ask the question. Thanks for clarifying.

So, basically, if your fare only goes up a smidge and it is before the final payment due date, you might be able to get the promotion added without refaring. However, if it goes up a bunch, you might not be so lucky. So if you are unsure where you stand, it doesn't hurt to at least ask the question. Thanks for clarifying.

You can get it added without refaring no matter how much the price has gone up as long as you are willing to pay the price is my understanding. (HAL doesn't make you refare since they know you could just cancel and rebook - easier to change it than go through that work.)

The question becomes is it worth it if it has gone up a lot.

Mine was a smidge so worth it - had it been more than the OBC benefit, it wouldn't have been. ;)

It absolutely doesn't hurt to ask. Then you just do the math and see if it's worth it to you or not ;)

Well, I don’t know what just happened, but I’m taking it! I’m in the UK and don’t know if this is UK specific. I called HAL this morning and spoke to reservations, explained that I’d booked last week and the obc offer had increased, and being cheeky cloud I please have it. I spoke to a great agent who told me the obc credit for suites had indeed increased to $250pp!! I didn’t say anything. However, he couldn’t guarantee the increase so passed it to his team leader, and told me they’d get back to me. 2 hours later he called to confirm the increase and then an email with new documents arrived shortly after, confirming a total obc of $500 ($250pp). The uk website is still saying that the October offer is $150pp.

That’s the same deal we had on our Alaska Cruise on Explore4 so I’m thrilled. I’m gonna get me a 7 day spa pass when I board!

Happy you werea ble to get the addiional OBC . Congratulations :).

I’m booked in an SY on the Westerdam 7 day Alaska cruise . I saw that HAL had lowered the price so today I emailed my TA, not knowing about this new Promo. I got a response that not only was I saving over $400 on the cruise, but I was getting an additional $250 OBC added to what I was getting with E4! Very happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone know if Explore4 can be used for Spring 2020 bookings? I am looking at a couple interesting itineraries and noticed it didn’t seem to show up?

Also, a few years ago we booked a cruise on HAL prior to our October sailing with Explore4. Does HAL vary when they offer this?

Thank you

Does anyone know if Explore4 can be used for Spring 2020 bookings? I am looking at a couple interesting itineraries and noticed it didn’t seem to show up?

Also, a few years ago we booked a cruise on HAL prior to our October sailing with Explore4. Does HAL vary when they offer this?

Thank you

they are definitely offering it for some Spring 2020 bookings. I already have it but the bonus offer was not there for mine. It is there for others.

Explore4 runs out around early November, I believe this year.