No numbered posts within the thread?

I am not seeing the number of the actual post in a thread, which used to be in the upper right corner.  Am I missing it?  I would often use those as reference in longer threads.

Overall don't care for the new look at all.  Hopefully things will improve when glitches are fixed.

• Administrators

Instead of a number you will see a little line icon. If you click that you will get a parma-link to the post. Example:

087jgr5.png

Which gives me that link to copy and paste into the post. When you do it shows like this:

1 minute ago, Charles42 said:

Instead of a number you will see a little line icon. If you click that you will get a parma-link to the post. Example:

087jgr5.png

Which gives me that link to copy and paste into the post. When you do it shows like this:

You miss the point. We would like be able to say e.g., “see post #’s 45, 89, and 235 for information on xyz port of call...” permalinks are nice, but a pain to create multiples for this purpose.

4 hours ago, Charles42 said:

087jgr5.png

The fonts are so small, more so when the post is quoted that I cannot read the fixes.  So the instructions, though probably on point, do me no good.  I know you posted previously how to change the size and color; however, I cannot read that either.  "Theme"  I cannot not find to do a fix.  

I've been through several conversions but none as massive as this so I know the agony.  I'm not IT but I did a lot of stressing of the new systems.    Thank you for your time and effort.  

I'm a member of the Royal Princess Feb 2nd Royal Princess South American Grand Adventure.  One loaded up here it's 137 pages.  Since the search function is not up and running I can't find the posts I done that I really need to access as I post a weekly update for a Chair Aerobics on board class (participants); Pickleball and those who want to order T-Shirts.  There is also signatures (not me) that have spreadsheets with multiple tabs tracking handles, names, cabins, activities signed up for, hotels staying in, etc.  Will we have to start all over again?  The Roll Call has been going since March 2017 for a sailing in Feb 2019.    This is kind of scary.

Ramona. 

23 hours ago, cruiserking said:

Please restore the post numbers. It is much easier to see which posts are new when you have posts numbers. 

Jonathan

Post numbers are there; hover over the top right of any post and you will see the post number.

This is my BIG problem.  The font size and shading.  I now see the post numbers are there, but unless you have very young eyes, that powder baby blue is... well it's very, very difficult to read, sea.  The fonts are so small that the screen shots you posted in answers I can't read even using the magnifying function on my phone.  Ugh.  

Again I understand how difficult, time consuming and detailed doing a migration and conversion but please take into consideration not everyone can read the fonts or the subtle shading.

Ramona

Please add back the Top of Page function and the ability to format fonts using size and color.  Thank you

Edited by NotThePest_Too
New thought
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

Post numbers are there; hover over the top right of any post and you will see the post number.

Hey, that is pretty cool, to have the numbers darken enough to be visible whenever you hover over that spot! Not very useful, but hey, it is cool. In a nerdish sort of way. Meanwhile, what we need are post numbers that are visible all of the time, not just when I hover around. So that as I scroll quickly through 17 pages looking for post #279 I needn't constantly hover over various spots to try and find out where I am...

By and large I think the changes here are good, but often functionality has taken a backseat to cool looking stuff that gets in the way. IMNSHO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Hey, that is pretty cool, to have the numbers darken enough to be visible whenever you hover over that spot! Not very useful, but hey, it is cool. In a nerdish sort of way. Meanwhile, what we need are post numbers that are visible all of the time, not just when I hover around. So that as I scroll quickly through 17 pages looking for post #279 I needn't constantly hover over various spots to try and find out where I am...

By and large I think the changes here are good, but often functionality has taken a backseat to cool looking stuff that gets in the way. IMNSHO.

I believe that there are now 25 posts per page if you want to do the math.

3 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I believe that there are now 25 posts per page if you want to do the math.

Why? Why take away functionality just because it is possible for the user to find a workaround? Does making the numbers visible really bother people? Add tremendous overhead to the system? As a former interface designer, I prefer functionality to cool looking dysfunctional sites. 

3 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Why? Why take away functionality just because it is possible for the user to find a workaround? Does making the numbers visible really bother people? Add tremendous overhead to the system? As a former interface designer, I prefer functionality to cool looking dysfunctional sites. 

I'm sorry, I meant that as a bit of a joke, but I never remember to put in emojis. I agree that they should be visible.

@LauraS... I'm glad the post numbers are back, but they are a bit too light (at least on desktop; they seem fine to me on my phone). Also the "Report post" link to the left of the post number and share icon is even lighter and basically invisible (until you hover your mouse over it)! Screencaps of that corner of a post, as default vs. when hovering:

1776188139_ScreenShot2018-10-18at23_48_32.png.98d84e5e6fbbd8563e3ce992f16592f4.png     901652382_ScreenShot2018-10-18at23_50_14.png.6dc29de63909e613cd25d39cbb5e25d4.png

Jeff