How do you get newest post to show first?

43 minutes ago, sabu24 said:

There is no sort option .  I use Chrome.  At least not on the new forum

Go here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/859-need-help-ask-here/

then over on the right  in the header under " Need Help? Ask Here! "

there is a Sort By over on the right, its there in chrome, I just checked

Edited by AlanF65

2 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

Change the sort method on the right when on a forum

OM1XCi.jpg

That only sorts the order in which the threads appear. How do you change the order in which the posts within threads appear? I used to have it set so that the thread goes from newest post to oldest post. Now it has reverted to first post first, with the newest at the end. 

FWIW, I use Chrome.

26 minutes ago, wishIweretravelling said:

That only sorts the order in which the threads appear. How do you change the order in which the posts within threads appear? I used to have it set so that the thread goes from newest post to oldest post. Now it has reverted to first post first, with the newest at the end. 

FWIW, I use Chrome.

It doesn't look like you can change a thread sort order.

On a thread in the Bugs forum that has now been deleted, someone remarked that they didn't understand why anyone would want a thread ordered most recent first. The reason is to make it easier to get to the newest postings in a thread you are following. Not everyone will want it this way, which is why having the option was a nice tool to have.

It appears that CC has moved to a different message boards program, and that each program has its own functionality (or ability to add a function). I don't know if the new program allows for the option to choose the order in which you see postings within a thread, but if it does, it would be nice if it could be added to "the list" of fixes.

BTW, kudos to CC for having migrated old postings with a minimum of glitches. And I think that, once we get used to the changes, we will be happy with the new format.

Glad I am not the only one asking for newest post first.  I frequent many boards and there is always a sorting option.  I have been a member since CC was only on AOL. I will be patient and hope they can change it, but this really is annoying.

LOVE YOU CC

Fran

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

Go here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/859-need-help-ask-here/

then over on the right  in the header under " Need Help? Ask Here! "

there is a Sort By over on the right, its there in chrome, I just checked

Nope, this is what I see from Google Chrome. No option to sort.827746645_ScreenShot2018-10-17at3_04_51PM.thumb.png.9060b4f12b5bda5d38f5e5cc41d7f148.png

It's almost impossible to believe the new software doesn't support this functionality. It's been in every public BBS system for the last 20 years. Anyone who uses a BBS for more than a few days uses either a "new posts" or reverse sort" (or both) to quickly get to new content. I'm guessing they didn't implement it or have it disabled for some reason. 

Regardless, I'm following the thread to see if anyone figures it out...

On 10/17/2018 at 3:14 PM, wishIweretravelling said:

On a thread in the Bugs forum that has now been deleted, someone remarked that they didn't understand why anyone would want a thread ordered most recent first. The reason is to make it easier to get to the newest postings in a thread you are following.

As a workaround to this, there is always the blue dot or star to the left of the thread title in a forum thread listing, which will take you directly to the first new/unread post in the thread.

Getting into the habit of using this (which I have to say was always the way that I tended to read threads) will soon become second nature if this is one's preferred approach to reading threads.

3 hours ago, Globaliser said:

As a workaround to this, there is always the blue dot or star to the left of the thread title in a forum thread listing, which will take you directly to the first new/unread post in the thread.

Getting into the habit of using this (which I have to say was always the way that I tended to read threads) will soon become second nature if this is one's preferred approach to reading threads.

Thanks. I didn't realize it had that function. That's very useful.

On 10/17/2018 at 3:06 PM, lighthousemom said:

Nope, this is what I see from Google Chrome. No option to sort.827746645_ScreenShot2018-10-17at3_04_51PM.thumb.png.9060b4f12b5bda5d38f5e5cc41d7f148.png

It's there on your screen shot. Look right under the blue box that says "Start new topic" and you'll see a drop-down that says "sort by". But, again, it sorts the threads not within a thread.

On 10/16/2018 at 2:54 PM, AlanF65 said:

I use Chrome.  I have used the "Sort by" feature but it doesn't seem to work.  All I want is to have the threads that were updated most recently sort to the top.   I've picked that option using the "Sort by" feature, but it still doesn't work.  I'm ready to give up the forum for a while until this is fixed.

5 minutes ago, crayola1932 said:

I use Chrome.  I have used the "Sort by" feature but it doesn't seem to work.  All I want is to have the threads that were updated most recently sort to the top.   I've picked that option using the "Sort by" feature, but it still doesn't work.  I'm ready to give up the forum for a while until this is fixed.

The forum doesn't support newest to oldest within a thread right now.

The best way right now to get there is to click the star or circle on the left

image.png.8cd49a37bb41db1f89cbddb6df31a98b.png

or go to activity at the top of the page and pick one of the options

image.png.32d4aaf872d44e2fcc231dd4f4ef0d48.png

Seems like the "sort by" option is on some topics and not on others like the roll call discussions.  I'm using Chrome and I use this shortcut method frequently.  

Go to your favorite discussion topic in CC.   

Go to the last page of that topic. 

Create a shortcut on your computer and copy the URL into the destination location. 

Change the page number at the end of the shortcut to "99". 

Save the shortcut. 

Next time you want to see your topic, just click the shortcut and it will go to the last page.   

Example:  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2419208-adventure-of-the-seas-december-8-2018/?page=99

On 10/19/2018 at 5:55 PM, craig403 said:

Seems like the "sort by" option is on some topics and not on others like the roll call discussions.

As far as I can see, the "sort by" option is present on every forum, including all the roll call forums that I have dip sampled.

If the "sort by" option doesn't work, in the sense that selecting a different option does nothing to the order of the threads displayed for that forum, then I suspect a browser / individual computer setup problem.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2018 at 12:55 PM, craig403 said:

Seems like the "sort by" option is on some topics and not on others like the roll call discussions.  I'm using Chrome and I use this shortcut method frequently.  

I tried to think of some snarky smarty pants thing to say, but since it’s after a long cold and rainy workday I will just sat HEY Craig! 😊 👋🏼

• Haha 1