Freedom of the Seas 10/20/2018 Bonaire Cancelled

ib_gman

Yeah no big deal but we were looking forward to a snorkeling trip we had booked.

RCCL replaced it with St. Kitts and hasn't posted any excursions for that stop.  Anyone know if they will?  If they do will we have to book it on the ship? (4 days to go!)  If no excursions via RCCL anyone know of a great/good snorkeling trip on St. Kitts or a great/good Resort for a day type of thing? Not worried about cost.

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, aggiemom11 said:

Our Freedom of the Seas Oct 28 cruise cancelled Bonaire too.   We were booked on the Woodwind in Bonaire and was super excited to go.   We just booked Blue Safari half day trip in St Kitts .   You might look at that tour.   

Can you explain why your port stop was canx? I'll be there on Navigator OTS 12/12...

4 minutes ago, Johnamac123 said:

Can you explain why your port stop was canx? I'll be there on Navigator OTS 12/12...

Something about a pier issue, we were notified by email but for some reason I can't put my hands on it right now.  I might have deleted it.

19 minutes ago, aggiemom11 said:

Our Freedom of the Seas Oct 28 cruise cancelled Bonaire too.   We were booked on the Woodwind in Bonaire and was super excited to go.   We just booked Blue Safari half day trip in St Kitts .   You might look at that tour.   

Did you see that as an option on your Cruise Planner?  They haven't posted anything but I figure it might be to close to our sailing and we'll have to do it on the ship.  I am just looking to see if anyone knows whether RCCL will offer excursions or do we have to get one on our own.

29 minutes ago, Johnamac123 said:

My TA sent me an email informing me of the cancellation.   It said it was cancelled due to the pier construction not being completed.  I also heard that Bonaire has 2 piers for cruise ships to port at, so maybe you will get lucky and port at the other one.   Not sure why FOS isn’t.  

40 minutes ago, aggiemom11 said:

My TA sent me an email informing me of the cancellation.   It said it was cancelled due to the pier construction not being completed.  I also heard that Bonaire has 2 piers for cruise ships to port at, so maybe you will get lucky and port at the other one.   Not sure why FOS isn’t.  

Too big. 

Talked to a couple tour operators who said Royal has reached out to providers on St Kitts.  Sounds like a lot of the “normal” offerings won’t be available because it’s a Sunday which is not a common cruise stop day there.  Many assets also have others obligations.

i do know that Thenford Gray tours are running.  Mad Max Dune Buggy tours have added a tour that day (21 oct).  Blue safari added on a half day snorkel beach tour.  None of these are through the ship.

2 hours ago, ib_gman said:

Yeah no big deal but we were looking forward to a snorkeling trip we had booked.

RCCL replaced it with St. Kitts and hasn't posted any excursions for that stop.  Anyone know if they will?  If they do will we have to book it on the ship? (4 days to go!)  If no excursions via RCCL anyone know of a great/good snorkeling trip on St. Kitts or a great/good Resort for a day type of thing? Not worried about cost.

Thanks.

They will most likely add excursions, it's not like RC to miss a revenue opportunity.

18 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

Talked to a couple tour operators who said Royal has reached out to providers on St Kitts.  Sounds like a lot of the “normal” offerings won’t be available because it’s a Sunday which is not a common cruise stop day there.  Many assets also have others obligations.

i do know that Thenford Gray tours are running.  Mad Max Dune Buggy tours have added a tour that day (21 oct).  Blue safari added on a half day snorkel beach tour.  None of these are through the ship.

We signed up for the Blue Safari half day tour.   🤞🏻

We received this past weekend that our 11/18/18 FOS stop at Bonaire was cancelled too, they said that the pier is under construction and will not be ready for the date.  Anyway the date they posted for the replaced port in St John is wrong because Antigua is all the way up so the reality is that day will be replaced by a sea day and then the original sea day will be the day at Antigua. Here is a copy of the letter received.

image.png.4ad137b5afa0cb402eea38c6e5f931ce.png

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We have one update to share with you for your November 18th, 2018 Freedom of the Seas’ Southern Caribbean cruise.

Due to delays with the pier construction in Kralendijk, Bonaire, instead we’ll visit the highly rated island of St. Johns, Antigua on Thursday, November 22nd from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience this change causes, nevertheless you’ll have a wonderful experience in St. Johns. Antigua offers a whopping 365 beaches to relax on, plus copious amounts of water activities like Jet Skiing, boat tours, or snorkeling adventures. Whatever you do, we’re sure you’ll have an awesome time!

Lastly, all Royal Caribbean International shore excursions scheduled for Bonaire will be refunded to your original form of payment. You’ll receive an email from our Shore Excursion Department within the next two business days sharing your refund details. In the meantime, we welcome you to check out our Cruise Planner page at http://*****/RCCruisePlanner to book excursions for St. Johns that interest you!

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you onboard the beautiful Freedom of the Seas!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Same thing with the 10/28 sailing. Only 3 scuba diving excursions have been listed for St Kitts so far as our date. I was thinking of a Marriot Day Pass but not sure what condition the beach is in there.   

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We have one update to share with you for your October 28th, 2018 Freedom of the Seas’ Southern Caribbean cruise.

Due to delays with the pier construction in Kralendijk, Bonaire, instead we’ll visit the highly rated island of Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis on Monday, October 29th from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience this change causes, nevertheless you’ll have a wonderful experience in Basseterre. While there, take a hike up the Mount Liamuiga trail, and head to The Strip on South Frigate Bay for an authentic & local meal. Whatever you do, we’re sure you’ll have an awesome time!

Lastly, all Royal Caribbean International shore excursions scheduled for Bonaire will be refunded to your original form of payment. You’ll receive an email from our Shore Excursion Department within the next two business days sharing your refund details. In the meantime, we welcome you to check out our Cruise Planner page at http://*****/RCCruisePlanner to book excursions for Basseterre that interest you!

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you onboard the beautiful Freedom of the Seas!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

1 hour ago, PTAngel said:

I'm also wondering about the Navigator 11/23 to the ABC's.  These are all new ports for us & I have RCI tours booked for each one. 

This may be wishful thinking, but I'm hopeful Nav OTS being a smaller ship, will be able to dock at the existing pier. I'll be at Bonaire doing Woodwind on 12/12. It seems that the people that were canx in this thread got their email notification 30 days out, so hopefully no news is good news. Good luck, and take care of NOTS for me!!!

I've booked the RCI excursion "Catamaran Fan-ta-sea to Nevis with Snorkel" twice (for our 12/9/17 and 11/10/18 Grandeur sailings).  When we went in December, it was run by Blue Safari and was excellent.  I am hoping for the same company in November.  If they offer a tour on your date either through RCI or directly from Blue Safari, I would recommend it.  I will try to post a link to Royal's description here:  http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=KTD3&DestinationCode=

8 hours ago, PTAngel said:

I'm also wondering about the Navigator 11/23 to the ABC's.  These are all new ports for us & I have RCI tours booked for each one. 

Not sure how this will affect it, but on your scheduled day to Bonaire, Navigator is in port with Norwegian Dawn, a smaller ship. Not sure who will get priority, but could be a factor in a potential change. Seems like most days they accept one ship, sometimes 2 and then once in January they have 3, but no Royal ships that day.

8 minutes ago, BobNoxious said:

Carambola Beach Club in St. Kitts is a wonderful place to spend a day.  Great beach with drinks/food, chairs/umbrellas, and water activities (snorkeling, peddle-boats, etc..)

We also enjoy the Reggae Bar area of Cockleshell Beach.