How to move from main dining to early dining?

lucymorgan

Hi 

We will be taking our first cruise on HAL in April 2019.  We are currently allocated main dining as early dining was full.  My mother likes to eat early in the evening.   What is the best way to move to early dining? 

Thanks for any advice.

If you are unable to move to early dining (which is the same table, same time in the upper dining room), then you can take part in "anytime dining" where you show up at the door (usually in the lower dining room) at whatever time you wish.  You will have different tables each night, but you can ask for a reservation if you wish and they may be able to accommodate you.

Smooth Sailing! 😀

Try to get on the wait list. You may be able to move seatings before you sail. We've had to do that twice because our preferred seating was full. 

You can call HAL periodically and check to see how far down you are on the list. 

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

Try to get on the wait list. You may be able to move seatings before you sail. We've had to do that twice because our preferred seating was full. 

You can call HAL periodically and check to see how far down you are on the list. 

Is there a specific number to call, or just the reservations number, to get on the wait list? We are assigned open seating and would like main, for a May 2019 cruise. I know there are some "special back door" numbers some posters use, but always forget to write them down. Thanks for any info.

Penny

P.S. I just noticed this new site does not have an indicator light (used to be green) to indicate that someone is signed on to CC currently; or am I just missing something?

Edited by PSR

31 minutes ago, PSR said:

Is there a specific number to call, or just the reservations number, to get on the wait list? We are assigned open seating and would like main, for a May 2019 cruise. I know there are some "special back door" numbers some posters use, but always forget to write them down. Thanks for any info.

Penny

P.S. I just noticed this new site does not have an indicator light (used to be green) to indicate that someone is signed on to CC currently; or am I just missing something?

I called the Ships' Services number and they were able to help me. FWIW, we booked through a TA 

We enjoyed the anytime dining option on our HAL cruises. Never bothered with a reservation but never had more than a 10 minute wait for a table between 5:30 and 6:30.   Because of the older demographics of HAL the early fixed dining always fills up first for people booking their cruise.