Still getting pop-up notifications

3 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

I have added it to my feedback list.

May I add a few more things to that list?

• Making "Notify me of replies" for each post an opt-in rather than an opt-out OR give us the ability to opt-out globally.
  • Get rid of the "currently" feature--or at least have the ability to turn it off --and in all other matters return control of our privacy to us, such as being able to see who has visited our profiles (until then, I won't be looking at other people's profiles)
  • Get rid of the automatic double spacing after paragraphs; it makes it hard to write  lists that don't look silly. We can always add a return but we can't get ride of the double space
  • Restore the in-thread "Go to first un-read post" button -- and not with some meaningless icon. Also note that some devices are seeing the icons in the lists of threads (like my desktop) and others are not (like my Android)
  • Return the time/date stamp to individual posts. "Just posted" or "an hour ago" is dumb.  And all dates should have a year attached to them including the current year.

Yes I know that these are small things, but life is in the details --like a fashion designer spending hours over choosing just the right button for his/her latest design.

12 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

In Foxfire you can have a list of websites that are blocked (or you can set it to automatically block all requests). Except for those annoying pop-ups mentioned above, this seems to be working for me. Does Edge have something similar?

image.png.0a01613decebe3a13a8d877d78a5ad39.png

I found manage permissions, but it does not have a block list.  It shows sites where I have things like pop ups stopped, etc. but does not specifically talk about notifications, etc.

I asked this on another thread, but is there a way to stop email notifications without also stopping the onsite notifications (the bell icon)?  With the bell feature, I don't need to get emails anymore but the notification settings don't seem to distinguish onsite notifications with email notifications.

Have you turned everything off in notification settings? Once I did that, the notifications stopped.

Go to your user (mine is son the upper right of my iPad), choose account settings, then notification settings.

5DEEA866-3B22-4BE2-BB56-6488870B2F10.png

Edited by cruzzzinma

1 hour ago, CruisinCrow said:

I asked this on another thread, but is there a way to stop email notifications without also stopping the onsite notifications (the bell icon)?  With the bell feature, I don't need to get emails anymore but the notification settings don't seem to distinguish onsite notifications with email notifications.

If you go to your notification settings:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/notifications/options/   Do you see the toggle buttons for email or notification list for a variety of different notification types?  That is what you would use

I got some help on my other thread.  Someone showed me the toggles at the bottom of the page (I wasn't scrolling down far enough) where I could differentiate between the emails and the notification list.  I turned off all the emails so hopefully they will stop now. 

Whew, the new site is going to take a little getting used to.