Disembarcation times

KansasK

How are disembarkation times assigned? On other cruise lines they do it by flight time. My brother was told by corporate that they disembark by deck, which makes it seem like lots of people could miss their flights. I think my brother got lots of bad information from corporate on embarking and disembarking, but I decided to ask experienced Princess cruisers how disembarkation times are assigned. Thank you for clarifying this for me. 

They go by flight times, but when you get your assigned time if it doesn't work for you just go to passenger services and you can change it.  You will get something to fill out a few days before disembarkation where you can request a time or request to walk-off as long as you are able to schlep your luggage off un-assisted.

47 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Not everyone flies.

Some people are extending their stay, driving home, taking tours, have late flights etc.

As stated a form will be sent out and if you have independent arrangements (car etc) just fill in and request your time. 

Yep. It looks something like this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iz-FYp1WTxOxtP2s1u1c2hWiMQtq4-by/view?usp=sharing

Princess really tries hard to accommodate every ones needs  on disembarking.  They have a recommendation as to how early you can board a flight on the day of embarkation.  As has been stated, after filling out the request form usually 3 days before disembarkation day the assigned time is not good enough, go to the services desk and get it changed.  Be sure to give yourself plenty of time to get off the ship and to the airport.  Delays can happen so plan ahead.