booking on board

redshine

26 minutes ago, redshine said:

if you booked your cruise on board and the price drops after final payment - does Oceania honor

the new price on your booking

Yes but your O Life amenities will change to the current offering. You have to do the math on the bottom line.

47 minutes ago, redshine said:

My cabin was available but Oceana would only give me onboard credit for the difference 

After final payment, what they will give you is at their discretion.

Once we've got the difference in future cruise deposit.

John

Was this refundable OBC?

Onboard booking should give you best price guarantee until sailing if your cabin category is still available. Other benefits may change but lower price should be honored.

Discuss this with your TA or Oceania

6 minutes ago, JK300 said:

After final payment, what they will give you is at their discretion.

Once we've got the difference in future cruise deposit.

John

I do not believe this is correct. It is true for “regular” bookings but onboard bookings give you “best price guarantee” till sailing (i.e. even after final payment)

Edited by Paulchili

12 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I do not believe this is correct. It is true for “regular” bookings but onboard bookings give you “best price guarantee” till sailing (i.e. even after final payment)

After final payment (and catergory is available) Oceania will adjust the price for you but how is totally up to them. They may lower the price (you're lucky then) or you get FCC (not bad either) or OBC (at least it's something). We've heard it first hand from the Oceania Cruise Ambassador. Of course if your TA is big on Oceania then maybe...

John

Edited by JK300

11 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

The "B on B best price match" is a refund-   best taken as refundable OBC (to avoid losing CC FF points- better to take the unspent cash at the cruise end). As aforementioned, you will, however, be subject to an adjustment for the current O Life amenities. Always do the math.

3 minutes ago, JK300 said:

After final payment (and catergory is available) Oceania will adjust the price for you but how is totally up to them. They may lower the price (you're lucky then) or you get FCC (not bad either) or OBC (at least it's something). We've heard it first hand from the Oceania Cruise Ambassador. Of course if your TA is big on Oceania then maybe...

John

I am not disputing your experience just stating what I have been told (and experienced first hand).

One of the selling points for onboard booking is BEST PRICE GUARANTEE until sailing (if your category is available) in addition to OBC on current cruise and some discounted fares. I have not heard that this policy has changed recently. I will be onboard Marina in a couple of weeks and will check.

17 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I am not disputing your experience just stating what I have been told (and experienced first hand).

One of the selling points for onboard booking is BEST PRICE GUARANTEE until sailing (if your category is available) in addition to OBC on current cruise and some discounted fares. I have not heard that this policy has changed recently. I will be onboard Marina in a couple of weeks and will check.

"Policy" hasn't changed. Sounds like some confusion of "price match" for pre-final payment price drop not associated with "Book Onboard" vs "best price guarantee" (up to sail date). Nonetheless, Oceania does have a CYA statement in its T&Cs:

"Oceania Cruises reserves the right to change the program rules, benefits and cruise credits, conditions of qualifications, special offers or cruise level requirements at its sole discretion. "

23 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Curious what answer they will give. Please do let us know.

I have the impression that the answer very much depends on the person saying it, I could be wrong of course.

They reiterated the price guarantee in the Ambassador presentation today

I just went up to inquire about onboard price, but they would not honor pre-Oct price on cruise I was waiting to book onboard.  Oceania will now give onboard price and perks booking by phone 30 days prior to your cruise date.  Coulda shoulda woulda done that....

1 hour ago, SU-Florida said:

They reiterated the price guarantee in the Ambassador presentation today

I just went up to inquire about onboard price, but they would not honor pre-Oct price on cruise I was waiting to book onboard.  Oceania will now give onboard price and perks booking by phone 30 days prior to your cruise date.  Coulda shoulda woulda done that....

But you can’t have your cake and eat it too 😄

If you had booked pre-Oct you might have had a better price but no best price guarantee or OBC on this cruise nor onboard booking discount. If you book onboard now you will get those perks but may start at a higher price.

Not sure if you’ll come out ahead or not - depends on how much your cruise went up post-Oct.

This is part of an email I received about the 30 day book before you cruise but I have just checked the wording on a letter we received on board and the terms are the same, ie  after final payment no cash refund. It will be interesting to know if the OBC is refundable but somehow I doubt it.

I don't know what "please note that the precruise and on board savings are not combinable with select promotions" mean. Is this just another let out clause?

**Best Price Guarantee: Booking with our PreCruise or Onboard Savings always comes with our Best Price Guarantee from the day you book up until the day of your future booked sailing. Should there be another applicable public promotion offering a better value through a combination of lower price and amenities on the cruise and category you have selected, you will be able to take advantage of this new promotion plus the added benefit of the applicable PreCruise Savings (Please note that the PreCruise and Onboard Savings are not combinable with select promotions). Simply have your travel agent call Oceania Cruises to have the new promotion added to your reservation (subject to stateroom/suite availability). Should there be a price reduction after final payment has been paid, the difference will be given to you in the form of a Shipboard Credit, stateroom/suite upgrade, or a Future Cruise Credit, at our discretion.

Oceania Cruises reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions and surcharges at any time. Ships' Registry: Marshall Islands. Company Registration: 04083983.

The part you underlined is obviously new - probably part of the new “PreCruise OR Onboard savings”.

In the past we have received the lower fare and not OBC. If the OBC is refundable then it’s OK; if not it is of lower value to us.

4 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

The part you underlined is obviously new - probably part of the new “PreCruise OR Onboard savings”.

In the past we have received the lower fare and not OBC. If the OBC is refundable then it’s OK; if not it is of lower value to us.

Maybe you or TA can negotiate  a FCC 

We get enough OBC  that I have trouble spending  :classic_blush:

6 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe you or TA can negotiate  a FCC 

We get enough OBC  that I have trouble spending  :classic_blush:

FCC requires that we cruise with O again - which is a high probability but not a certainty. 😄

Would much prefer refundable OBC which would be like a fare reduction.

3 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

FCC requires that we cruise with O again - which is a high probability but not a certainty. 😄

Would much prefer refundable OBC which would be like a fare reduction.

I think after FP it is  high probability  that will not happen 😉

18 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Its not that new since the exact underlined wording was in a letter we received on board the Regatta in May. ( We booked on board and brought the letter home so we could refer to the T&C at a later date.)

Like everyone else I would sooner have a cash refund but it doesn't look as though it will happen in the future.

5 hours ago, Janet- said:

Its not that new since the exact underlined wording was in a letter we received on board the Regatta in May. ( We booked on board and brought the letter home so we could refer to the T&C at a later date.)

Like everyone else I would sooner have a cash refund but it doesn't look as though it will happen in the future.

I guess “new” is a relative term :)

It’s new to me as earlier this year when our Nov 18 cruise went down and I had an onboard booking on it we were given the new lower price and not OBC.

It looks like from now on that will not be the case. :(

we were just given a very large amount of OBC for the cruise.  My travel agent spoke with 2 supervisors and they said because it was after final payment we just get OBC

I know it is better than nothing but neither my husband or I drink, so I guess we will get a massage every day.

20 hours ago, redshine said:

we were just given a very large amount of OBC for the cruise.  My travel agent spoke with 2 supervisors and they said because it was after final payment we just get OBC

I know it is better than nothing but neither my husband or I drink, so I guess we will get a massage every day.

Or treat yourself with a new outfit or a watch or ....  from the on board shops. 😆

3 minutes ago, JK300 said:

Or treat yourself with a new outfit or a watch or ....  from the on board shops. 😆

OR, if one prepurchased ship excursions with their own money, cancel and rebook with SBC (particularly since you can now use O's SBC to prepay). Only caveat here is that, when you cancel onboard, folks on a waiting list may get your cancelled slot first).