Classes available in Fitness Center

basor

We will be on the Sirena for a month and wanting to get an idea of what classes are available in the fitness center - free and paid...… yoga/Pilates/stretch and ?  Also when they are offered ( early AM like 7 - UGH) or more reasonable AM times and/or late afternoon.  I realize that port days and sea days will be different, just trying to get an idea of what is being offered these days.  Also interested in pricing for personal training and or packages.  I am recovering from back surgery and have been given the green light to start exercising again.    In the past the basic classes, etc. were the same on all of the ships so does not need to be specific to Sirena.

Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

all the classes  are free now  I think

check the CURRENTS   for times  but usually in the AM

Thanks for the quick reply...….realize they will be listed in the Currents but hoping to hear from someone on board now or recently that could give me an idea of times, etc.

I don't have any times for classes, but I read that the gym opens at 6am.

In an Oceania publication during the summer of 2018, this was an article that I saved:

"In addition to the complimentary use of the gym and fitness facilities in the Canyon Ranch SpaClub, our free yoga, Pilates and fitness classes now make it easier than ever to maintain your workout routine and discover the perfect wellness balance during your voyage.

With more than two dozen classes, all including professional instruction, there's certain to be an option to suit your needs.  From Sunrise Stretch and Relax or Sunrise Yoga to Indoor Cycling, or more comprehensive programs such as Boot Camp, Full Body Strength Training, or Core Conditioning, instructors guide you through the class, offering advice and helpful tips.

Listed to the right are just a few of our top fitness classes that are now complimentary.....Morning Stretch (25 min), basic stretching techniques....Full Body Strength Training (45 min), full body circuit training.....Fit Ball for Your Core (45 min), core conditioning with the help of an exercise ball.....Pilates (45 min).....Sunrise Yoga (45 min)....Walk a Mile (25 min)....Indoor Cycling (45 min).....Boot Camp (45 min)."

Hope that helps a bit.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

On 10/18/2018 at 10:41 PM, Go-Bucks! said:

I don't have any times for classes, but I read that the gym opens at 6am.

In an Oceania publication during the summer of 2018, this was an article that I saved:

"In addition to the complimentary use of the gym and fitness facilities in the Canyon Ranch SpaClub, our free yoga, Pilates and fitness classes now make it easier than ever to maintain your workout routine and discover the perfect wellness balance during your voyage.

With more than two dozen classes, all including professional instruction, there's certain to be an option to suit your needs.  From Sunrise Stretch and Relax or Sunrise Yoga to Indoor Cycling, or more comprehensive programs such as Boot Camp, Full Body Strength Training, or Core Conditioning, instructors guide you through the class, offering advice and helpful tips.

Listed to the right are just a few of our top fitness classes that are now complimentary.....Morning Stretch (25 min), basic stretching techniques....Full Body Strength Training (45 min), full body circuit training.....Fit Ball for Your Core (45 min), core conditioning with the help of an exercise ball.....Pilates (45 min).....Sunrise Yoga (45 min)....Walk a Mile (25 min)....Indoor Cycling (45 min).....Boot Camp (45 min)."

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks for the list! With many sea days for our upcoming cruise I'm hoping to keep active!

Is there a big hanging  "boxing bag" in the gym on any of the Oceania ships?

I'm not referring to the little "speed" bag that is (it seems to me) smaller than a basketball.

I'm asking about those large duffel bag size (standing on end) bags that are meant to stand in for a boxing opponent.

Many thanks!

GC

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2018 at 7:20 PM, GeezerCouple said:

Is there a big hanging  "boxing bag" in the gym on any of the Oceania ships?

I'm not referring to the little "speed" bag that is (it seems to me) smaller than a basketball.

I'm asking about those large duffel bag size (standing on end) bags that are meant to stand in for a boxing opponent.

Many thanks!

GC

Anywone happen to know about this?  Especially, for now, on Riviera?

Thanks!

GC