HELP My Signature

can someone tell me why my signature has too many lines in it?  i can't get the error message to go away.

i definitely don't like the new cruise critic and probably will stop using it altogether after this fiasco of someone trying to help members.  most of the members are not happy members anymore.

3 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

can someone tell me why my signature has too many lines in it?  i can't get the error message to go away.

i definitely don't like the new cruise critic and probably will stop using it altogether after this fiasco of someone trying to help members.  most of the members are not happy members anymore.

We can't really say, unless you post your proposed signature into an actual post.  That way someone may be able to discern if/why it thinks there are more than 6 lines.

Your current signature is much longer than 6 lines, is that the one you're asking about (28 lines and 3 images):

cheers,

david

2006 Dec Oosterdam SAN - MEXICO - SAN

2007 Sept Golden Princess YVR - COASTAL - LAX

2008 April Island Princess FLL PANAMA CANAL - FLL

2009 Sept Westerdam SEA -ALASKA - SEA

2010 Oct Oosterdam SAN - SEA OF CORTEZ - SAN

2011 April Emerald Princess FLL -EAST CARIB - FLL

2012 Nov Star Princess SFO - ACAPULCO - SFO

2013 Sept Grand Princess SFO - ALASKA - SFO

2014 Nov Star Princess SFO - SEA OF CORTEZ - SFO

2016 Mar Celebrity Equinox FLL -EAST CARIB - FLL

2017 Sept Celebrity Infinity Pacific Coastal VANCOUVER - LA

54480394b9f25ec20a9e776d679b170d.png

2018 Oct Grand Princess 7 Day North Pacific Coastal SFO -YVR - SFO

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0rTD_Yss2qg639qYVZU_Z2uy86xQYkimsZoXTN4TIhICf_3l5

2019 Nov Crystal Bach Rhine River Cruise Basel - Amsterdam

90d0bd88e531d9f0cd5f24c88000e8e7.png

Edited by Shmoo here

If your signature is non-compliant (maximum 6 rows, 3 urls, 1 image with maximum size) you can keep it as it is. However, if you want to edit it, the new one must be compliant or you won't be allowed to save it. Note that if you are using a CC countdown clock it is non-compliant (too big) and isn't actually counting down properly anymore.

29 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

ok.  i've finally figured out how to edit my signature and it looks to be in line with the guidelines now.

This may sound weird, but I think you have a blank line or two at the end of your signature. When I look at it it shows your 4 lines (I might suggest that you bold the test for readability), but it shows the expand button. When I expand, it looks exactly the same. Just go to the last letter of the signature hit end on your keyboard and backspace until you get to your text. I think that it will look slightly better that way.

yes you're right.  i did have some blank lines for separation only but i've deleted the blank lines now and i think i'm ok.  thanks for your suggestion.  much appreciated.  i'm still not happy with the new format.  

one thing i don't like is that i cannot see the threads i'm subscribed to like i could on the old site.  do you know how to view my subscriptions by any chance?

1 hour ago, USC Adventurer said:

...  do you know how to view my subscriptions by any chance?

I know it is doable but I don’t use it. There should be a few posts that explain it; note the terminology is different. 

7 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

yes you're right.  i did have some blank lines for separation only but i've deleted the blank lines now and i think i'm ok.  thanks for your suggestion.  much appreciated.  i'm still not happy with the new format.  

one thing i don't like is that i cannot see the threads i'm subscribed to like i could on the old site.  do you know how to view my subscriptions by any chance?

There are 3 easy methods

1)  hover over your name in any thread and then click find content

image.png.8997cceae065575f96d69214129db5dd.png

2) At the top right of the page to the right of your profile name is a little down arrow, open that and pick manage followed contentimage.png.4ffa7bbe2755b32baaba68fe0e880d87.png

Or

3) go to the top of the page, click on the activity tab, pick My activity streams and pick one of the options image.png.475e60c8124eeaf9448f0a72d1a68e8a.png

image.png

Edited by AlanF65