MSC Preziosa - Dry Dock Nov 2018?

CruisingFox27

I've been reviewing the schedule for Preziosa prior to our upcoming sailing (I'm stalking her :classic_biggrin:) and note that she sails into Genoa on 4th November but doesn't depart again until 22nd November.  CriuseMapper and CruiseCritic do not have her listed for dry dock or refurbishments during this time, any other suggestions on locating information on her for this period?

If it's just routine maintenance and general tidy up prior to her repo to the Caribbean would this explain why?

If no-one is disembarking on 22nd November, hopefully we can embark nice and early.

Thanks Ate, this reflects my findings on other sites, absolutely nothing for 4th to 22nd November.

Admittedly, I've absolutely no knowledge on ship maintenance schedules but it seems a long time to be out of service if it's routine and not in dry dock for anything specific.

MSC rarely if ever give out information on dry docking, as the ship will be heading to the Caribbean it is likely being re painted externally and having any other items repaired or replaced such as areas of carpets, common toilets and general machine space checks.

We were on Preziosa in Oct 2014, when she was still shining. Booked to go back on her Oct 2019, so if she's getting a touch up this November hopefully she'll still be in good nick by then. Can't imagine she needs a lot of work other than the soft furnishing stuff.

CF - opposite way round this time - you can scope out Preziosa for me in advance - are you in the YC? 🙂

12 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

We were on Preziosa in Oct 2014, when she was still shining. Booked to go back on her Oct 2019, so if she's getting a touch up this November hopefully she'll still be in good nick by then. Can't imagine she needs a lot of work other than the soft furnishing stuff.

CF - opposite way round this time - you can scope out Preziosa for me in advance - are you in the YC? 🙂

I'm suspecting routine maintenance and general sprucing up. We are booked for YC Captain, and very excited we are too 😎

15 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I'm suspecting routine maintenance and general sprucing up. We are booked for YC Captain, and very excited we are too 😎

As rightly you should be!

We're in 16027 in 339 days and already excited. Will keep an eye out to see if another cabin opens up but not sure if they are all the same and it makes no difference (apart from the larger suites of course!).

Edited by Captain-John

Not counting already then :classic_biggrin:

I think the only differences are personal preference, you have easy access to the TSL from cabins on 15 or are closer to the One Pool area on 16. I wondered about any noise from footfall being near to the concierge area on 15 but on 16 there is the possibility of noise from 18. Swings and roundabouts really. We liked 16013 on Divina so are similar on Preziosa.

9 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Quite possibly. If you have any specific questions please let me know and I'll look to find out whilst onboard. 

We've not previously sailed on Preziosa but have sailed on Divina and Splendida so I'm expecting her to be similar. 

Thank you - I just made another post about the thermal area facilities on Davina - I'd be curious (and disappointed) if the setup is identical on Preziosa (previous poster was saying the facilities are not co-ed/shared):

"^^

That's disappointing. We're on Preziosa next year and I imagine it's a similar setup? As much as the spa on Orchestra was dated, it had Jacuzzis within the complex and large, shared steam rooms and saunas.

I can't believe that the steam and sauna facilities are separated by sex on these newer ships but not on the older ones? We're going in the YC too so not having to pay for the spa outright, but I was really looking forward to it - now not so much.

I've also seen on the 360 degree virtual tours that there are whirpool baths in certain rooms but you have to pay extra for those? I think there's one in the couples massage room and one room dedicated to the whirlpool (noted on the deck plan)."

7 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I'll certainly do a review then. Again, anything specific you'd like to know, let me know and I'll try to find out. 

One of our stops on our upcoming sailing is Guadalupe, looks beautiful. 

Yes Guadeloupe is beautiful. We went there for 10 days a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Captain-John said:

I'm booked in the YC for October 2019 staying in room 15003. When I booked I was advised it was the last YC available on my sailing:classic_blink::classic_ohmy: . When is your sailing? 🙂

16 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

11 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Quite possibly. If you have any specific questions please let me know and I'll look to find out whilst onboard. 

We've not previously sailed on Preziosa but have sailed on Divina and Splendida so I'm expecting her to be similar. 

Oooh an up to date review just before we go would be lovely :). I'll probably be bombarding you with last minute things I think of anyway - apologies in advance.

Captain I don't recall any separation in the spa on Divina when we sailed last year, we didn't use the sauna or steam room on Splendida but I don't really any mention of it when we visited the spa.

I wasn't certain if there would be interest in a review as most focus is on the new ships but I certainly will do so now.

No apologies, it's what the forum is here for. My DH finds it's strange I'm always online requesting advice and info for the world but I like it. It connects you. We've had a tragedy in my hometown this weekend and a similar forum, another topic, connects me with them to share grief.

Actually, I think my DH just finds me strange :classic_huh:

21 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Captain I don't recall any separation in the spa on Divina when we sailed last year, we didn't use the sauna or steam room on Splendida but I don't really any mention of it when we visited the spa.

I wasn't certain if there would be interest in a review as most focus is on the new ships but I certainly will do so now.

No apologies, it's what the forum is here for. My DH finds it's strange I'm always online requesting advice and info for the world but I like it. It connects you. We've had a tragedy in my hometown this weekend and a similar forum, another topic, connects me with them to share grief.

Actually, I think my DH just finds me strange :classic_huh:

Not too strange though as he is your DH!!!! 😛

16 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Many thanks. Did the crew say if they were returning to her or new staff would be boarding after dry dock?

It varied.  One was staying there and working on the ship while in dry dock (I didn't know that was even a thing), another was going home and wasn't sure which ship she would be back to.  The others I spoke to, just said they were going home, so I guess it depends on the individual?