Mimosas served at the elite breakfast?

lara68

When we were on the reflection last spring, we were told that if you wanted a mimosa or bloody Mary at the elite breakfast, you would be charged.  It used to be a free option at the breakfast. Is there now a charge or is it once again included free!

Edited by lara68

8 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

This was in Tuscan?  I have never heard of this, and it is not the case now on Reflection.

Yes, we had several Tuscan breakfasts last cruise. We find the Luminae breakfast too heavy some days. 

Last year on Eclipse there was a cold buffet but this year it was plated options. They did one called, I think, ‘The ultimate platter’ which had a fruit selection, a mini salmon bagel, a couple of cold meat slices and a danish. A nice option! 

Edited by chemmo

11 minutes ago, Dukey1 said:

How can any breakfast be "too heavy?"  Or are we talking about how much people eat?

It is quite possible to go into Luminae and just order a fruit plate but once there and sat down we tend to find ourselves ordering a full breakfast....It just happens!

Breakfast in Tuscan tends to be speedier too, not a criticism of Luminae, we enjoy a leisurely breakfast some days. On others, however, it is nice to just sit down and by the time you are sipping your Bellini your cold plate and coffee has arrived.

21 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I was asking the OP....did this occur in Tuscan?  Were you by any chance trying to take a Bellini out of the breakfast with you? 

Yes, it was in Tuscan!  LOL, I wasn't trying to take a Bellini out but perhaps they thought we'd sit there too long, which we had in the past!

3 hours ago, lara68 said:

When we were on the reflection last spring, we were told that if you wanted a mimosa or bloody Mary at the elite breakfast, you would be charged.  It used to be a free option at the breakfast. Is there now a charge or is it once again included free!

Were you told this by a staff member during the elite breakfast?

33 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Were you told this by a staff member during the elite breakfast?

When we requested one from the waiter he went to the Capt. Club Hostess and came back and told us we would be charged.  Later on, we asked the Hostess and she said it was no longer a perk.

We’re on Silhouette now, and go to the Captain’s Club breakfast in Tuscan Grill every morning. I happened to look at the menu this morning, and Mimosas, Bloody Marys, and  Bellinis were definitely on there.  There was note at the bottom stating that other drinks could be served, but would be charged for.  I’ll take a photo tomorrow morning.

1 hour ago, lisiamc said:

We’re on Silhouette now, and go to the Captain’s Club breakfast in Tuscan Grill every morning. I happened to look at the menu this morning, and Mimosas, Bloody Marys, and  Bellinis were definitely on there.  There was note at the bottom stating that other drinks could be served, but would be charged for.  I’ll take a photo tomorrow morning.

Thank you!  On the TA last spring they didn't have that menu on the tables.  Are you on a TA right now?  I'm wondering if that was the reason it wasn't available?

50 minutes ago, lara68 said:

Thank you!  On the TA last spring they didn't have that menu on the tables.  Are you on a TA right now?  I'm wondering if that was the reason it wasn't available?

This cruise is not the TA, but we’re staying on for it, so I can report on that too!

2 hours ago, lisiamc said:

This cruise is not the TA, but we’re staying on for it, so I can report on that too!

That would be great, if it's no problem I really appreciate it!  It was our Captain Club's Hostess that told us.  I wonder what your hostess says.  Maybe it goes ship by ship and up to the hostess?

10 hours ago, lara68 said:

When we were on the Reflection last spring, it was on a Transatlantic.  I'm wondering if that is why it wasn't offered??  Too many elites, too many days?  We'll be on the Eclipse TA in a few weeks.

We’re on the Eclipse TA as well and certainly hope that the morning elite mimosas are available.   Great way to start the day.

11 hours ago, lara68 said:

When we requested one from the waiter he went to the Capt. Club Hostess and came back and told us we would be charged.  Later on, we asked the Hostess and she said it was no longer a perk.

Thank you for the clarification. 

We are currently on the reflection TA and mimosas, bloody Mary’s and Bellinis are available at no charge in Tuscan or its overflow area, Qsine/Lpc.  The breakfast is buffet style and there are over 1500 elites on this cruise.

The captains club host who said it was no longer a perk was just wrong.....

12 hours ago, lara68 said:

That would be great, if it's no problem I really appreciate it!  It was our Captain Club's Hostess that told us.  I wonder what your hostess says.  Maybe it goes ship by ship and up to the hostess?

Here is a photo of the menu as of this morning on Silhouette.  I’ll post again in a couple of days to confirm availability or otherwise on the TA.

0AC67AE8-F62A-486A-8A26-51908AF40CB1.jpeg

49 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

Here is a photo of the menu as of this morning on Silhouette.  I’ll post again in a couple of days to confirm availability or otherwise on the TA.

0AC67AE8-F62A-486A-8A26-51908AF40CB1.jpeg

Thanks a lot!  That's the menu that we always used to see.  I hope you're having a wonderful cruise!

2 hours ago, ghstudio said:

We are currently on the reflection TA and mimosas, bloody Mary’s and Bellinis are available at no charge in Tuscan or its overflow area, Qsine/Lpc.  The breakfast is buffet style and there are over 1500 elites on this cruise.

The captains club host who said it was no longer a perk was just wrong.....

Thank you!  At the time we didn't question her further. Although it was a decadent treat to start the day, it was no big deal.  When I recently read on the boards about  mimosas, I got curious about the current policy with our upcoming TA. Hope you're having a wonderful crossing!