Cruise Critic Community
brightfeather

Royal Princess or Carnival Panorama?

Hi,

Just trying to figure out which would be the better ship.  Same stops, pricing pretty similar.  We have a variety of ages going.  We've been on Princess 3 times, Carnival 2 times (and 9 other cruises on other lines).  We usually go in full suites, but would consider mini-suites.  Our various friends will book whichever they want.  I just wanted to get some points of view from you all.  🙂

Since you have experience with both lines, I'm not sure what you want/need from us. Generally, Carnival would be better with 16 and under kids.  Then, on the other hand, we are big fans of Princess and they have an adequate kids program.

If kids are not a player, then cruise line amenities should help you decide.

Enjoy!

9 hours ago, MSN-Travelers said:

Since you have experience with both lines, I'm not sure what you want/need from us. Generally, Carnival would be better with 16 and under kids.  Then, on the other hand, we are big fans of Princess and they have an adequate kids program.

If kids are not a player, then cruise line amenities should help you decide.

Enjoy!

Agree-  hit the nail right on the head. And if it is an issue between new ships, Panorama doesn't launch until next year, so nobody is going to have experience.

We’ve cruised both lines as well.   We prefer Carnival for partying and Princess for more laid back romantic cruising.  The Princess Club Class Mini-Suites are great and the special dining room cuisine for Club Class Suite guests was so much better than traditional dining rooms. Cheers mate and I’m sure you’ll have a great time whichever you choose. 

Panorama is brand new and gigantic! Not many reviews yet since she has not started the Mexico route yet.

I'm sailing on Royal Princess over spring break - done many Princess cruises but first time on Royal class. I am booked on Panorama for spring break in 2020. Panorama looks as if it would be more fun for the kids (my kids have loved the programs on Princess but are starting to age out given that they have been doing the same activities for 10 years!).

Not for the OP but another consideration would be if one wants an ocean view cabin.

If you sail for suite perks, sail Princess.

The Grand Suites on the Panorama will grant you access to the Havana Retreat which only allows Havana staterooms and children 12 and over. 

On 2/6/2019 at 6:36 PM, riffatsea said:

Panorama is brand new and gigantic! Not many reviews yet since she has not started the Mexico route yet.

Sort of bad info... she won't launch for months yet...

9 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Sort of bad info... she won't launch for months yet...

I said it is brand new and not many reviews yet. I suppose I should have said NO reviews yet so you wouldn't think I was giving out "sort of bad info"!!

OP was asking which ship and I don't think one can give an accurate answer without anyone having written about an actual experience on board the Panorama yet!