Half Moon Cay Cabana Question

texreno

I just rented a cabana for Half Moon Cay.  The rental includes 4 people but the Carnival site says you can add two more for a surcharge.  I don't see anyway to add the other two or find out how much the surcharge is.  Can anyone help?

1 hour ago, texreno said:

I just rented a cabana for Half Moon Cay.  The rental includes 4 people but the Carnival site says you can add two more for a surcharge.  I don't see anyway to add the other two or find out how much the surcharge is.  Can anyone help?

We have an extra person in our cabana and I believe I read that this is something you can do at the Guest Services or Excurison desk when you get onboard. I won’t add our extra person unless my MIL decides to disembark with us. It’s a very real threat that she may not since we have to tender off and she’s already afraid of the big boat, not to mention a small one.  In other words, I won’t know until the day of so I really don’t plan to pay extra unless they hound me about it. 

Edited by niciediva007

2 hours ago, texreno said:

In my experience, when you go to Guest Services to pick your cabana, they will ask how many are in your party.  At that point, you can indicate how many will be accompanying you...and pay for any extra surcharge you may incur.

Garnett

33 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

In my experience, when you go to Guest Services to pick your cabana, they will ask how many are in your party.  At that point, you can indicate how many will be accompanying you...and pay for any extra surcharge you may incur.

Garnett

I wondered when it would come up. Is it like cheers? They charge you for the number in your state room? My MIL is not a drinker but she’s an adult so if we bought cheers she’d have to as well. If she doesn’t get off the boat I don’t want to have to pay extra for her, but I suppose it’s just $20...still. 

2 minutes ago, niciediva007 said:

I wondered when it would come up. Is it like cheers? They charge you for the number in your state room? My MIL is not a drinker but she’s an adult so if we bought cheers she’d have to as well. If she doesn’t get off the boat I don’t want to have to pay extra for her, but I suppose it’s just $20...still. 

The cabana is not based on the number of people in the cabin.  They sent wristbands to the cabin (like they send tickets for excursions).  We knew we needed extra and went to the Excursion Desk and just paid for the additional ones that we needed.

1 minute ago, cruiser_family said:

The cabana is not based on the number of people in the cabin.  They sent wristbands to the cabin (like they send tickets for excursions).  We knew we needed extra and went to the Excursion Desk and just paid for the additional ones that we needed.

Aahhh...I see. We have never paid for a cruise line excursion before. We get priority disembarkation but we get that anyway, I believe with FTTF. We will pay for the extra wristband then just to avoid any hassle.

7 minutes ago, niciediva007 said:

No,  not even close. 

They ask for the # so they know how many drinks (non-alcoholic) to bring as well as the size of the serving trays that are a part of the cabana package.  Additionally, they need to know how many floats to bring to the cabana.

For us, there were four in our party, even though only two of us were staying in the cabin that reserved the cabana.

Hope this makes sense.

Garnett

• Like 1

Just now, N7786W Flyer said:

No,  not even close. 

They ask for the # so they know how many drinks (non-alcoholic) to bring as well as the size of the serving trays that are a part of the cabana package.  Additionally, they need to know how many floats to bring to the cabana.

For us, there were four in our party, even though only two of us were staying in the cabin that reserved the cabana.

Hope this makes sense.

Garnett

It does, though I doubt we’d need more than what is already allotted for four people, considering we have two kiddos with us who won’t utilize much, or use the floats. 

2 hours ago, niciediva007 said:

Aahhh...I see. We have never paid for a cruise line excursion before. We get priority disembarkation but we get that anyway, I believe with FTTF. We will pay for the extra wristband then just to avoid any hassle.

Cabanas/villas and wedding parties get first dibs getting off without FTTF. 

9 hours ago, N7786W Flyer said:

No,  not even close. 

Hope this makes sense.

Garnett

To texreno: The last time we were at HMC and rented a cabana, there were four of us. Even though we had beverages (sodas, bottled water) and snacks for four, we didn't drink or eat everything. We actually ended up taking some things back to the ship with us. I wouldn't worry too much about whether or not to pay extra for an additional person or two. Keep in mind that lunch will be ready at about 11:30. So, unless everyone at your cabana is extra hungry and thirsty, you'll probably end up with left over snacks and beverages like we did. And, if you should need an additional soda or bottle of water, you can always go to the pirate bar and get one (charged to your S&S card). And, you'll have floats and snorkeling gear for four. What is the likelihood that everyone in your group will all want to use the same items at the same time? Why pay extra for something that you may not need?

Edited by beachbum53
  • Like 1

We have had cabanas many times at HMC.  Unless you want more beverages, snacks, floats and or snorkle gear there is no need to pay extra.  One trip there were 8 of us at the cabana.  Most of the time over half of the group was in the water or out in the sun.  I need the shade so I like to have the cabana.

4 hours ago, penguin85 said:

We have had cabanas many times at HMC.  Unless you want more beverages, snacks, floats and or snorkle gear there is no need to pay extra.  One trip there were 8 of us at the cabana.  Most of the time over half of the group was in the water or out in the sun.  I need the shade so I like to have the cabana.

This is my sentiment. We have a villa rented for HMC for our cruise. There will be 10 of us, but I am not paying extra for the 2 people. I don't expect we'll use all of the snacks/drinks that are provided and some of us are bringing our own snorkel gear. The young adults will be out and about on the island or in the water. Just seems like a waste to pay extra for people who will probably spend very little time AT the villa or eating/drinking the snacks/beverages.

1 hour ago, jakesnana said:

This is my sentiment. We have a villa rented for HMC for our cruise. There will be 10 of us, but I am not paying extra for the 2 people. I don't expect we'll use all of the snacks/drinks that are provided and some of us are bringing our own snorkel gear. The young adults will be out and about on the island or in the water. Just seems like a waste to pay extra for people who will probably spend very little time AT the villa or eating/drinking the snacks/beverages.

So will they require us all to show our wrist bands and deny one person entry to the tender? We plan to disembark priority since it’s an excursion. We also bought FTTF so I wasn’t sure if that would cover us.

Carnival does not use wrist bands.  They only give you one ticket for the group which you take to the desk on the island and check in.  A few weeks ago they did ask me for the names and ages of who was in my group when I checked-in on HMC. I gave then 4 names and said nothing about our 5th person.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, penguin85 said:

Carnival does not use wrist bands.  They only give you one ticket for the group which you take to the desk on the island and check in.  A few weeks ago they did ask me for the names and ages of who was in my group when I checked-in on HMC. I gave then 4 names and said nothing about our 5th person.

We did the same thing.  We had 5 of us and I just added the sizes of the snorkel fins for the men since me and my daughters could share.  Never had a issue with getting on the tender together since we all had FTTF and our food & drink were waiting for us in the cabana so no one said anything about a extra person.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 6:31 AM, penguin85 said:

Okay great thanks! This is very helpful. 

• 2 months later...