Mr Sanchos vs Paradise Beach

MrsWoz46

I have a cruise coming up that stops at Cozumel. I've been here on previous trips to Mexico but never as a cruise port. We are looking at going to either Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach. Has anyone been to both and have a favorite? Why which one may be better then the other? Thanks for any advice!

You are comparing margaritas to daiquiris.  :classic_blink:

Sanchos is primarily an All-Inclusive (food/drinks) beach club with a lively atmosphere, water toys (extra fee), multiple pools, and nice beach.  My daughters love it there, and if I was 20 something so would I.  AI fee is about $50 per person

Paradise Beach is a large pay as you go beach club, $3 admission fee/chair rental, great facilities, and offers an okay beach (some rocky spots), water toys (extra fee), and HUGE pool.  great spot if you are not a big drinker or just do not want to spend that much on food/drinks.

Taxi, for up to 4 passengers sharing the cab, will be about $17 each way to either. 

Read the reviews on this board and trip advisor and then decide if either is right for what you want.  There are many other beach clubs on Cozumel to choose from - Nachi Cocom, Money Bar, Play Mia, etc.

I've been debating this the last couple days myself. What's your traveling party? We have a group of 6 (2 grandparents, 2 parents, 2 kids 10&6). The all-inclusive seems a bit much for us, as we don't eat or drink that much, and it doesn't pay for any activities the kids would like to do. Paradise Beach offers the water toys package as optional, so the grandparents can just pay $3 to get in, enjoy their $10 minimum bar/food tab, and relax. Paradise just seems more flexible for our family, but your mileage may vary.

I think Paradise is what we are leaning towards. It will be my husband and I and my cousin who won't have a ton of cash so I'm thinking it will be easier for her to just go to Paradise where she only has to spend a minimum of $13 vs the AI of $50 plus

On 11/7/2018 at 2:16 PM, MrsWoz46 said:

I think Paradise is what we are leaning towards. It will be my husband and I and my cousin who won't have a ton of cash so I'm thinking it will be easier for her to just go to Paradise where she only has to spend a minimum of $13 vs the AI of $50 plus

My son and I was just at PB last week.  He bought nachos, a bucket of beer and 2 vacation sized drinks and spent $58.  So it's still cheaper than Mr. Sancho's.  I've never been to Mr. Sancho's but I don't need the AI.  I also love PB's pool!

Following this thread, do I take it that Sancho's has eliminated PAYG completely now?

I know they don't actively encourage it, and at busy times have even not allowed it at all, but I hadn't heard that Sanchos had gone completely AI.

Previously PAYG was always an option at both Sanchos and Paradise.  I have never been to Sanchos so looking for clarification.

• 1 month later...

No  they still have pay as you go at Sanchos cause I sent an email to them and asking some questions. 

We still are back and forth on pay as you go or All inclusive part.  I guess the two are kept separate. 

We are thinking about booking horseback riding anyone else ever do that there.