Genie is not responding to emails

fungirl28

I will be cruising with my friend and her parents on Symphony in a little over two weeks. We are celebrating her mom's 70th birthday onboard and want to do something special. Our Genie emailed us the first week of November with an introduction. She responded with a  question about having the room decorated before we get onboard to surprise her mom. She sent the email the same week we received his email and never received a response.  She asked if I could try to reach out. Last Wednesday, I emailed our Genie the same request and have not recieved a response either. I have read that the Genie will reach out to you two weeks prior to the cruise. Should we wait until we are closer to that window or is there someone else we need to contact? Thanks in advance.

I would definitely try again. We sail on Sunday in SC on Oasis. Our genie (Israel) first reached out to us 18 days before our cruise. We have emailed back and forth several times- it sometimes takes him a day or two to respond, which I understand since he guests on the ship he is dealing with. But he has always responded to any question or request we make.

I'm sure someone one here will have an email address or contact info for you.

2 hours ago, fungirl28 said:

Should we wait until we are closer to that window or is there someone else we need to contact? Thanks in advance.

I would not wait.  Your Genie should have responded by now.  They are very busy on turnaround day but that has surely come and gone.  

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

They are very busy on turnaround day but that has surely come and gone.  

There are two more sailings before the OPs. Symphony just arrived at her new home port late last week and there's probably no routine just yet.

Our Anthem Genie did birthday decorations during the cruise as a surprise for my mother, so even if they can't set it up to be there when you first get on board they will likely be able to decorate during your cruise.  Your Genie has a big role in organizing your schedule so they know when you're going to be out of the room for dinner and show reservations.  

I'll be on Symphony this Saturday, but I'm not the one handling the communication with the Genie so I can't give insight as to how well the communication has gone.

Edited by AshleyDillo

Just now, Biker19 said:

^ think about it from their end - who are they going to be most responsive to, you or the folks on the next sailing?

We are following his directions in the email he sent to us where he encouraged us to email him with any questions. I was not expecting an immediate response but I thought we would get a response by now. It has been 9 days.

7 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I'll be on Symphony this Saturday, but I'm not the one handling the communication with the Genie so I can't give insight as to how well the communication has gone.

Will say things have gone smooth with Genie communications. Some emails it has been a few hours while others maybe two days for a reply.

3 minutes ago, fungirl28 said:

We are following his directions in the email he sent to us where he encouraged us to email him with any questions. I was not expecting an immediate response but I thought we would get a response by now. It has been 9 days.

One thing that might not hurt is either sending the email again. Other thought might be doing a reply to your reply asking if any more information might be needed.

5 minutes ago, chandom said:

One thing that might not hurt is either sending the email again. Other thought might be doing a reply to your reply asking if any more information might be needed.

Thank you. I will try that.