Can I bring any kind of wine on board?

FrankNBrew

• 2 months later...
On 11/17/2018 at 10:11 AM, Capt_BJ said:

I'm sailing tomorrow - this is from the eDoc for my trip .. copied right now:

Alcohol Policy

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines (vermouth, sherry, sake, and port wines)

I'm not sure why I ignored this response the first time, but I have the same information in my eDoc. Maybe I'll skip the wine altogether.  Or grab a couple screw top Barefoot Moscato's to guzzle on the balcony. :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, FrankNBrew said:

I'm not sure why I ignored this response the first time, but I have the same information in my eDoc. Maybe I'll skip the wine altogether.  Or grab a couple screw top Barefoot Moscato's to guzzle on the balcony. :classic_biggrin:

It's a CYA statement. We often bring s case of wine, including the occasional port. Did that on two O cruises last year, will do it on another one next week. Never a problem.

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

It's a CYA statement. We often bring s case of wine, including the occasional port. Did that on two O cruises last year, will do it on another one next week. Never a problem.

Agreed, all depends on the cruise line.

Bringing unlimited alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages aboard Viking Ocean ships is acceptable. They will even open and pour your wine in all dining venues, with no corkage fees. It is also acceptable to bring your own bottles to any bar and the barmen will provide glasses, ice, etc. 

• Like 1