Dummy booking for April 2019 vouchers are back

Mattnvick

1 minute ago, SirWolf said:

In the comparison chart for the discontinued drink packages (see first page, first line in Drinks-on-us column).

Link: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/2018 Drink Package Comparison Guise with DRINKS ON US.pdf

Actually they arent cocktails. They are spirits like rum or whiskey that you can put in a Coke or similar. A cocktail that people think about on board a cruise ship would be a Miami Vice or a Pina colada for example and they are not included.

Electro ... I think the issue may lie with whether the cabin price was increased to include the D.o.U package or was it a freebie ? When you bought your cruise and if you have paid in full then you have a contract with MSC that they would have to fulfill as they are doing with the other packages.

2 hours ago, sidari said:

Electro ... I think the issue may lie with whether the cabin price was increased to include the D.o.U package or was it a freebie ? When you bought your cruise and if you have paid in full then you have a contract with MSC that they would have to fulfill as they are doing with the other packages.

I never had the DoU package with my booking I'm sailing in the Med in April. It is the drink vouchers that are part of the Fantastica experience but being stopped at the end of March and not being replaced with anything.

9 minutes ago, sidari said:

I was using D.o.U as an example, have you already contacted MSC about it ?

Yes their answer is " the drink vouchers are not being replaced"

Edited by electro
spelling

Is it just me?

We have booked Fantastica from the UK 3 times and never had either vouchers or Drinks on Us included??? 

We have paid full price for the Classic on each occasion!

We have also probably paid more for our cruise than people in the USA.

The only time we have had a drink package included is when we have booked Aurea and paid more for this perk.

• Like 1

I know that it’s just I couldn’t word it better in that people seem to be complaining about not having these packages and we in the U.K. didn’t have them anyway!

btw your suggestion about drink packages added to each experience is a good one!

45 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

I know that it’s just I couldn’t word it better in that people seem to be complaining about not having these packages and we in the U.K. didn’t have them anyway!

btw your suggestion about drink packages added to each experience is a good one!

Thanks ... It would make more sense, now if only Heineken ran MSC  .... :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nikkiw60 said:

Okay, I get it.  I agree, offers come and go.  I booked two Fantastica European sailings after March, 2019 knowing there is a good change I will get nothing.  $150pp more for Fantastica and no drinks is a bit much to me though.

Did you see the thread where the poster had a copy of the 2018 brochure that had no end date shown for Fantastica vouchers?  He just now heard about them ending before his cruise date and MSC told him tough, no replacement.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2605709-is-there-an-impact-on-fantastica-drink-vouchers-after-the-new-packages/

Edited by Até
add link

My thoughts are that if they had it when you signed up they should honor it.  People have commented that when they Called MSC some got a yes, you will get it,  some got no.  A guy send MSC an email nicely asking and he got an email back saying he could get the drinks.   He printed that email out and is taking it with him.     There are other perks to Fantastica.  But it does not seem that much better than Bella.  

• 4 months later...
On 11/16/2018 at 3:40 PM, electro said:

And according to the response I got when i asked on the MSC Facebook page, they are not replacing the vouchers.

So those of us who booked a cruise for April 2019 expecting to get some amount of free drinks, we are getting nothing!

MSC Cruises Hi Lois,

The drink vouchers are not being replaced. The Fantastica experience includes a better stateroom, prioriy dining times and 24 hour room service. Hope this helps!