HAL Pre-Paid Beverage Cards

Empehi

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:45 PM, Nang said:

The beverage CARD can be used to purchase whatever drink you want, if it is available in a can you can purchase it using your beverage card. Are you thinking of a soda package/card? 

Yes. Sorry. But after reading this thread, we might have to order up one with our OBC. 

On 12/1/2018 at 4:24 PM, kazu said:

Purchasing OBC gets you the same thing.  It's no difference.

It just depends on what you want and how long your cruise is.

I like the beverage card to avoid checking a gazillion charges and having a longer statement, but my cruises tend to be longer.  

They both do the same thing so it's whatever suits you. 😉 

Thanks.  I agree.

Does the beverage card have it's own itemization?

47 minutes ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

Thanks.  I agree.

Does the beverage card have it's own itemization?

You get a receipt with each order, telling you what it cost and the balance of your card.

I just keep the most recent one so I know how much is left on my card.

There is no long list of drinks available that I am aware of (unless you want to keep all the receipts).

45 minutes ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

If you buy the Beverage Card, do I have to have a separate one for my husband?

Is there a limit on how many beverages you can buy per person?

No need to buy a separate card if you will be drinking together.  There's no limit on the beverage card - until it runs out 😉

I do usually buy one for DH and I as I might be at one function and he another but when we are together we just use one card (whichever one has the higher balance usually).

You can buy a round of drinks with it if you want.  It's basically a prepaid card.  There's no limit and no rules to it - unlike the SPB (Explore4 package).

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought 2 soda cards for our 17 day holiday cruise today. That combined with our 2 beverage cards we got for 3rd and 4th passenger - hoping that should do us for most of the cruise. We also will get a discount this time round thanks to our moving up in Mariners status so if we want some cans, we can get them at the Explorations Cafe or mini bar.

We like getting the soda cards because we dont have to worry about signing to our room and can give our kids one to use through the cruise (we wont give them signing privileges until they are much older).

This will be the first time with beverage cards so we will save those for "special" drinks...