Carnival, is there early or priority boarding?

PeterB123

I did a search of the forum before posting this, and I couldn't really find an answer, but I might not have known which words to search under.

We are taking a cruise out of Galveston on Carnival's Freedom.

A friend of mine told me to pay for priority boarding, but I'm not seeing anything on their site about it.

Is there such a thing?

Any idea what it costs?

Is it worth it?

Thank you.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  This really belongs on the Carnival forum here, under Cruise Lines A-O.  But I can tell you that what you were told about is called Faster to the Fun, or FTTF and is sold under excursions.  It costs about $80/cabin, but cost varies by length of cruise.  It allows you access to the terminal any time, regardless of assigned checkin time.  Then you will be able to board after Diamond, platinum members, and suite guests.  There are other features to it, but whether it is worth it to you is personal.  EM

• Thanks 1

Next to board-when-you-please, the best benefit of FTTF is immediate access to your cabin upon boarding. Otherwise you need to wait (until 1:30 PM or so? It's been awhile).

Five years ago I thought it was worth $50. At $80 I'd have to think it over.

Carnival limits the number of FTTF passes sold, but often more are released as boarding day approaches. You'd have to keep checking if they're sold out the first time you try to buy.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PeterB123 said:

I did a search of the forum before posting this, and I couldn't really find an answer, but I might not have known which words to search under.

We are taking a cruise out of Galveston on Carnival's Freedom.

A friend of mine told me to pay for priority boarding, but I'm not seeing anything on their site about it.

Is there such a thing?

Any idea what it costs?

Is it worth it?

Thank you.

Here's all the info you should need in regards to Faster to the Fun.

You can look and see what is included with the price and judge whether or not it may be worth it for you.