Constellation infinite balcony 7197 update please!

waggie

25 minutes ago, waggie said:

There has been some very helpful information on this board about how  the 'model' balcony arrangement works (Wendyam78 etc.). 

Could anyone that has had this stateroom recently tell us how it was?

Thanks

Waggie

Just looking at the deck plans, this is a normal Concierge Class (C3) stateroom.  It is not connecting, which is a good thing, and it is near the aft elevators.  You should be happy here.

Thanks Wine-O - we chose that cabin back in July for its position. We usually choose aft or as near as we can.

The deck plan showed unusual doors to the balcony and it took some time to find out that this was the model for Edge!

It would be interesting to read how much more space people find it gives them and so on.

34 minutes ago, waggie said:

Thanks Wine-O - we chose that cabin back in July for its position. We usually choose aft or as near as we can.

The deck plan showed unusual doors to the balcony and it took some time to find out that this was the model for Edge!

It would be interesting to read how much more space people find it gives them and so on.

All those C3 staterooms are the exact same size/configuration, and the same size balcony.  Bed is by the bath.  Don't know what more you are looking for?

What more was I looking for?

I was interested to hear from people that have had that cabin since it was re-modelled. Does the infinite balcony give the feeling of more space, did they sort the niggles with the blinds since the great review by Wendyam76?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

1 hour ago, waggie said:

What more was I looking for?

I was interested to hear from people that have had that cabin since it was re-modelled. Does the infinite balcony give the feeling of more space, did they sort the niggles with the blinds since the great review by Wendyam76?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

OK, I see what you are talking about.  I wasn't aware that they reconfigured that one particular stateroom until  after reading Wendyam76's review.  From the photos, looks interesting.

Edited by Wine-O

Waggle, I would start looking at some of the reports coming from the upcoming Edge cruises. There won’t be any changes I think to Constellation 7197 but interestingly it is different furniture on the Edge Infinite Veranda. I haven’t seen any other reports coming from 7197 since I posted.

Wendy

8 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

Waggle, I would start looking at some of the reports coming from the upcoming Edge cruises. There won’t be any changes I think to Constellation 7197 but interestingly it is different furniture on the Edge Infinite Veranda. I haven’t seen any other reports coming from 7197 since I posted.

Wendy

Thanks Wendy

I have kept looking but am surprised that no-one has posted since your report. 

Waggie

5 hours ago, pretzlaff said:

We are on Connie now in cabin 7180. So, I just walked over and knocked on the door to get an answer. Sadly, nobody was home. I will try again later. 

Thank you so much for taking time out of your holiday to do this. We board in 4 weeks and cannot wait!

Waggie

Following this with curiosity. I wonder what the 'wind tunnel' effect is with these types of cabins as compared to existing balcony cabins. Have not seen anything about this. Also, years ago on the Infinity through the Panama Canal, it was extremely hot and humid. We were sitting on our  balcony and started to hear all sorts of alarms going off, including the fire alarm in our cabin. Turns out they were  sensitive enough to go off with the high humility, and our balcony door was only slightly cracked open when we were sitting outside.

2 hours ago, pretzlaff said:

i have gone over and knocked about four times with no answer. I am starting to think that nobody is actually in that cabin. A couple of people have said that the boat is not full. Indeed the whole cruise has seemed quite uncrowded. 

Thank you for trying!

One thought - if the cabin is not in use, perhaps your cabin attendant might be able to take a look for /with you?

I always think the M class feel less crowded - I hope you are having a good time.

Waggie

2 hours ago, pretzlaff said:

i have gone over and knocked about four times with no answer. I am starting to think that nobody is actually in that cabin. A couple of people have said that the boat is not full. Indeed the whole cruise has seemed quite uncrowded. 

I wouldn’t be too chuffed if someone kept knocking on my door.  Not everyone puts their do no disturb sign up either.  Ask the room attendant, ask Guest Relations, but knocking on a door unannounced is not a good idea.

Phil

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I wouldn’t be too chuffed if someone kept knocking on my door.  Not everyone puts their do no disturb sign up either.  Ask the room attendant, ask Guest Relations, but knocking on a door unannounced is not a good idea.

Phil

I agree, I wouldn't be knocking on any doors.  Ask a stateroom attendant in the area, or better yet, call the stateroom on the phone, and if not in, leave a message.  If someone is in, they can set up a time to view the stateroom.