A step backward—-SeaPass card needed to get a pool towel

cruisestitch

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Glad they removed the towel checkout from the app.  It seems that some were just appalled by it- another reason to never sail Celebrity again.  Just too funny!! 

All the more reason to leave it in, by me... provides more opportunities to not have to worry about those who fret over such things... I understand it is a big deal to them, yet not to me.

bon voyage

Thinking back about 25 years ago and we had just started cruising. We were on our first Disney Cruise and on a Captain Marvin’s trip to Stingray City in Grand Cayman. A family were with us from a Celebrity ship and the mother spent most of the trip fretting about their towels as they would be charged if they didn’t return them. To be perfectly honest it actually put me off of booking a Celebrity cruise for about 15 years. When I did eventually book one we were hooked, and have never been on a Celebrity ship that had that charge! Just been back on Oasis after many years and yes, the sea pass for towels drove me nuts as very few stations were open first thing in the morning and I always seemed to be on the wrong side of the ship for them! 

Wendy 

52 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

Thinking back about 25 years ago and we had just started cruising. We were on our first Disney Cruise and on a Captain Marvin’s trip to Stingray City in Grand Cayman. A family were with us from a Celebrity ship and the mother spent most of the trip fretting about their towels as they would be charged if they didn’t return them. To be perfectly honest it actually put me off of booking a Celebrity cruise for about 15 years. When I did eventually book one we were hooked, and have never been on a Celebrity ship that had that charge! Just been back on Oasis after many years and yes, the sea pass for towels drove me nuts as very few stations were open first thing in the morning and I always seemed to be on the wrong side of the ship for them! 

Wendy 

This is exactly why I will pick up towels that others have left on loungers and return them for clean ones.  Several years ago I forgot to return my towels before the cut-off time on the last day and I found myself at Guest Services at 6:00 am before we left the ship to return the towels and clear my account.  I said never again.  The suite guests don't care about the towels because they get them in their cabin and they don't return them.  They exchange towels without charging your SeaPass card and I take the clean towels back to my cabin.  I don't steal them or leave them on the beach and Royal gets all of their towels back at the end of the cruise and I don't have any towels charged to my account.

I just got off the ship and this was not the case. I was on for its employee shakedown cruis3 thatbgot in Friday and there was a towel on every lounge chair in the public areas, Solarium, and in The Retreat areas. You did not have to show your sea pass card to get a towel. 

This may be bcause it was a special sailing, but I didn’t see any indication otherwise and did not see an area like on Royal to get your towels showing your seapass.

• Like 1