Cabin upgrades at the pier?

SFOflyguy

Hi all,

Wondering if it's possible to upgrade at pier check in (sailing on 12/9 Getaway)?  Years ago, I was able to upgrade for a very reasonable fee from an inside cabin to a suite (on RCCL though). If so, does anyone have tips/tricks to share?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Not likely - at Registration time all the ducks are in a row - paperwork and documents signed "i's" dotted "t's" crossed

and the Coast Guard regulations regarding Life Boat Capacity by Zone and Guest Occupancy in that Zone have been

established and finally any innuendo government manifestos been filed.

But in spite of the sign on the Guest Services Desk that the ship is sold out and sailing full - upgrades not being

considered you could ask and "Eyes Rolling" the answer would be -

HECK GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT !

Nothing ventured nothing gained - you might be the lucky 1 millionth guest thru the NCL portal and receive the

cabin of your dreams - I must be dreaming as I write this - - -

On a serious note be polite and ask if you could leave a note about standing by if something develops.

It does help a wee bit if you are a frequent cruiser on NCL as in Platinum - Platinum + Ambassador know the

Concierge and/or Hotel Director.

Upgrades might not happen at that instant - but later.

And as always "Good Luck" !

10 hours ago, SFOflyguy said:

Hi all,

Wondering if it's possible to upgrade at pier check in (sailing on 12/9 Getaway)?  Years ago, I was able to upgrade for a very reasonable fee from an inside cabin to a suite (on RCCL though). If so, does anyone have tips/tricks to share?

you mention years ago: that is about. There was a time when upgrading at the pier was available but for all practical purposes that is no more the case. We just have to be happy with whatever we booked. 

13 hours ago, SFOflyguy said:

Hi all,

No they won't upgrade you or allow you to upgrade at the pier. The bidding system pretty much stops all of that from happening, and even if ti didn't could you imagine the confusion if they allowed people to do that?