2021 World Cruise Released

Heidi13

Viking Ocean have already released their 2021 World Cruise - 2 options 161 days Miami to London and 140 days L/A to London.

Great looking itinerary, which is 21 days longer than our 2020 WC - extra night in Singapore and an extensive trip around the Meddy.

Interesting that Crystal Cruises also has two options for the 2021 World Cruise..  Miami to London at 139 days and Miami to Rome at 127 days.  Their first segment is Miami to Los Angeles so at least for the start they are following a similar itinerary.

Keith

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I would never seriously consider a cruise line like MSC.  Is there a reason I should?  I see that their WC's tend to start in Italy, which makes sense of course.  What is MSC like?

I think if the ship had Yacht Club you may be interested in doing a comparison but it doesn't appear to be offered on the ship that's doing the WC. I don't think  normal MSC would stand up to some of the lines that you sail.

• 4 months later...
On 11/22/2018 at 3:31 AM, Keith1010 said:

Interesting that Crystal Cruises also has two options for the 2021 World Cruise..  Miami to London at 139 days and Miami to Rome at 127 days.  Their first segment is Miami to Los Angeles so at least for the start they are following a similar itinerary.

Keith

Keith, how would  you compare the general comraderie of the passengers between HAL's and Crystal's WC or other Grand Voyages?  Is Crystal a little stuffy?

9 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

Keith, how would  you compare the general comraderie of the passengers between HAL's and Crystal's WC or other Grand Voyages?  Is Crystal a little stuffy?

This is one I will need to pass on.

I've only taken one HAL cruise and it was a short voyage.

Maybe others who have done Grand Voyages or parts of the HAL World Cruise such as Roy or Ricki could share their thoughts on this. 

What I can say is that we met lots of wonderful people on this years Crystal World Cruise who were genuinely happy and positive and they outnumbered those who one might think of as stuffy.  In fact, this was one of the most positive World Cruises we have sailed on . 

Keith

32 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

This is one I will need to pass on.

I've only taken one HAL cruise and it was a short voyage.

Maybe others who have done Grand Voyages or parts of the HAL World Cruise such as Roy or Ricki could share their thoughts on this. 

What I can say is that we met lots of wonderful people on this years Crystal World Cruise who were genuinely happy and positive and they outnumbered those who one might think of as stuffy.  In fact, this was one of the most positive World Cruises we have sailed on . 

Keith

I think that you just answered my question.  Thank you for responding.  Sounds promising.   

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2018 at 4:53 PM, Cruise Junky said:

I think if the ship had Yacht Club you may be interested in doing a comparison but it doesn't appear to be offered on the ship that's doing the WC. I don't think  normal MSC would stand up to some of the lines that you sail.

I found MSC an excellent cruise line.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:03 PM, Keith1010 said:

Maybe others who have done Grand Voyages

We did a Grand Voyage on the MS Amsterdam. We loved it; much, much better than our previous regular b2b  HAL cruise. Better food, more activities, better lecturers, better hotel staff. Our previous HAL b2b had no lecturers and barely any activities in the second half of the cruise (Lima to Fort Lauderdale). We swore never to book HAL again, but we did and we were happy. The Grand Voyage was one of our best cruises, added bonus: I don't like HAL's desserts, ate fruit instead and gained no weight. 😉 

Keith,

I read about your Danube cruise on your blog. What a wonderful trip! We are just back from a different ship with almost the same itinerary, the Amadeus Queen (Regensburg - Budapest). It is a very lovely ship, one of the nicest we have been on, but they should hire a much better cruise director/excursion coordinator. I never thought this position would make such a huge difference on a small ship. I am now spoilt by the high quality of the staff we had on the MS Amsterdam.

Edited by Floridiana

5 hours ago, Floridiana said:

Keith,

I read about your Danube cruise on your blog. What a wonderful trip! We are just back from a different ship with almost the same itinerary, the Amadeus Queen (Regensburg - Budapest). It is a very lovely ship, one of the nicest we have been on, but they should hire a much better cruise director/excursion coordinator. I never thought this position would make such a huge difference on a small ship. I am now spoilt by the high quality of the staff we had on the MS Amsterdam.

Floridiana, this is terrific to hear.  I am glad you enjoyed it.

Keith