Paradise Beach; Best Time in Morning to Arrive?

Soundview77

I will be in Cozumel on 7 FEB 2019. Does anyone have personal experience with arrival time to help me decide when to arrive at PB and still be able to get 4 beach chairs next to each other?

There are 8 ships scheduled to be in Cozumel on that day, so I know there will be competition for all popular tourist venues.

Well, the best beach locations will likely go early but there are lots of them.  Some are in the shade under the palm trees though.  We’ve been there maybe 20 times and never had a problem getting chairs but we always get there early and we always prefer the pool to the beach.  We’ve gotten there so early we were practically the only ones there.  Go as early as possible and you should be ok.  

What time is your ship in port?

As mentioned above, your best bet is to arrive early but PB is huge and you should have no issue finding 4 chairs together somewhere.  Your other option is to arrive early afternoon when some of the early birds are leaving.

16 hours ago, JohninDC said:

What time is your ship in port?

Arrival time for my ship is 8am at the International Pier.

The other ships in Cozumel that day have earlier/same/later arrival times.

It should be easy enough for me to get to PB shortly after opening. I'm not picky about the location of the chairs, I just want to keep the group together.

I have a question about Paradise Beach at the end of the day - the website says they close at 5 p.m. Does that mean everyone has to leave? Or can you stay on the beach just without the service? We are in port until 10 p.m. on our cruise and would love to stay through sunset at the beach.

I usually go to Nachi, and they make you leave when they close. Also, there will be six ships in port the day I'm there, so I'm a little concerned it may be too crowded.

Thanks in advance for your help.

9 minutes ago, aliciam said:

I have a question about Paradise Beach at the end of the day - the website says they close at 5 p.m. Does that mean everyone has to leave? Or can you stay on the beach just without the service? We are in port until 10 p.m. on our cruise and would love to stay through sunset at the beach.

I usually go to Nachi, and they make you leave when they close. Also, there will be six ships in port the day I'm there, so I'm a little concerned it may be too crowded.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Suggest you go to Money Bar for Happy hour and sunset dinner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We visited in May. Got off the ship early and were among the first to arrive at PB. Had no problems securing spots on the beach. Stayed there for a few hours and it never was crowded. Moved over to the pool. Same situation.  As the day went on the crowd flowed in but never did it get uncomfortably crowded. 

47 minutes ago, barb in ga said:

We're in Cozumel January 25th--how many ships will be in port that day?

Barb

Quick search suggests 7.

None of the sites are 100% accurate. I suggest you google “ cozumel cruise ship schedule” and compare several sites.