Bit Of A Blog : Vision Of The Seas, Nov 29th 2018 : Panama Canal eastbound

Captain just announced on the PA in the cabin, most unusually. We should be by the first set of locks, Miraflores, around 8am tomorrow through around 11am  and arrive on the Caribbean side, Gatun, around 145pm through by 4pm.

Months ago I downloaded these images. Can not believe how time has flown.

Www.pancanal.com is the website for webcams of the locks. Plug in not accepted on my phone!!! Please can someone grab an image or two of us transiting. Would be amazing.

canal-map-01a.jpg

canal-map-01b.gif

Edited by NorbertsNiece
Request for webcam image added

I would order a bowl of chicken noodle soup through room service but at $8 service charge plus 18% gratuity I may venture out..... I miss the good old days.

I was that poorly when I got back to my room last night that I missed this addition to my menagerie. 

20181208_131846.jpg

4 minutes ago, NorbertsNiece said:

I would order a bowl of chicken noodle soup through room service but at $8 service charge plus 18% gratuity I may venture out..... I miss the good old days.

I was that poorly when I got back to my room last night that I missed this addition to my menagerie. 

Get well Linda

• Like 1

Made it to Deck 5 portside.

There is a vessel on the horizon.

Birds flying quite close.

Calm, quiet and pleasant place to sit out. Should've brought my kindle. Currently reading 'Hard Cider' by Barbara Stark- Nemon. A semi auto-biographical novel set in MI.

2 hours ago, NorbertsNiece said:

Where'd you been?

We went on boat ride on the river to see crocs and birds. Saw a couple of LARGE crocs and many birds of a variety of sizes and colors.

Originally to go on train thru county, but it had been changed to see festival with many dancers. 

Both were long distances and we had left ship quite late. Sooooo - LATE return!

DA213969-DF14-44AC-913A-B661B27A38E2.jpeg

C16A4A0F-486A-4C78-97BC-E18E478401B2.jpeg

F790794B-C547-444F-8385-24455D529B61.jpeg

3D2C6AE4-F39F-4793-AF72-DCFD01708C7C.jpeg

• Like 1

Moved over to Deck 5 Starboard (smokers) to catch some sun.

Google maps has me in a car! The red pointer is the first set of locks, Miraflores.

Screenshot_20181208-162434_Maps.jpg

It just dawned on me that sunset is going to be an hour later with the clocks going forward last night. Not going to sit here that long.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

4 hours ago, LUVINMYHUBS said:

My Grammas' cure:  Lemon, honey and a shot of whiskey served HOT, and then a good nights' sleep, that should knock whatever ales you out. Get to feeling better....cruise days are too precious to waste on feeling crummy. 

A CC friend has called to check up on me. Will be going to dinner with them. 

3 hours ago, psychokitty said:

Linda, 

We had a BRIEF inspection in the bus. 

Not sure he looked at anything. 😂

Saw them checking the luggage compartment under one bus then board that bus.......

Sorry to hear you have been feeling well. I usually come home with ‘ship cough’ but this time nothing , was so thankful,  nothing worse than feeling crummy on your last few days when you have the  long haul flight home. A friend recommended to me a spray you put up your nose and in your throat to guard against germs . I bought one from Home Bargains/Quality save called   Cold & Flu Guard and used it before the flight and whenever I was going to be in crowded spaces. Not sure if it was that that saved me or luck 😆.

We did the Tarcoles river cruise in Punta Arenas, fabulous being right in the middle of nature .

Looking  forward to your next instalment 

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Like 1

Crocodile Man tours is still feeding them chicken....which I think is way more interesting even though it is against (Costa Rican) law. We did the river tour with a different company and they were trying to entice the crocodiles with a rubber chicken lure. It was kind of boring, because they had obviously caught on pretty fast and did not come up for the lure. 

And because of the recent law, they are no longer feeding them old horses upriver from the Tarcoles bridge, so the big (giant) crocs that used to hang out under the bridge have moved on to other food sources. I'm not saying that supplemental feeding is a good or bad thing; but as a tourist, it was neat to see the really large animals. :classic_huh::classic_biggrin:

42 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Crocodile Man tours is still feeding them chicken....which I think is way more interesting even though it is against (Costa Rican) law. We did the river tour with a different company and they were trying to entice the crocodiles with a rubber chicken lure. It was kind of boring, because they had obviously caught on pretty fast and did not come up for the lure. 

And because of the recent law, they are no longer feeding them old horses upriver from the Tarcoles bridge, so the big (giant) crocs that used to hang out under the bridge have moved on to other food sources. I'm not saying that supplemental feeding is a good or bad thing; but as a tourist, it was neat to see the really large animals. :classic_huh::classic_biggrin:

Yesterday our boat used chicken to entice a big croc they call Justin Bieber. Really exciting