Ocean Ready - for Ocean Medallion

Wishing on a star

2 hours ago, caribill said:

If you lose your Medallion and get a replacement, does the replacement also have this information on it?

That’s what they tell me will happen.

Mine suddenly and inexplicably stopped working two days ago. Wife’s is still working great. 

OM IT has had it for the last 48 hours and can’t seem to find a solution. I’ll be asking for a replacement when I speak with them later this evening. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried to set-up the OceanReady for my upcoming trip on Caribbean Princess and I keep getting an error message Compass is Currently Unavailable.  We have "all hands on tech" working to get back online. It's been that way for almost three weeks. They better hire better techs.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 2:19 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Sounds like this may be fully implemented on the other ship, but not so much on the REGAL???

That might explain the different reports here.

According to Princess, the app was actually launched in December '18.  I can share first hand that it is far from a full release and filled with issues.  You CANNOT edit much.  You CANNOT delete your profile if you mess something up.  You are at the mercy of of the developers who don't move too fast.  I have been dealing with Princess over a 2 day period and there has been no corrections made.  My wife has my birthdate and email address and I am constantly told, updates are done often, try in a few hours.  

I have had no problem with the Ocean Ready app on my I phone for a Regal cruise in February.  Put in all the info and had to go back and edit a mistake I made on my wife info and had to change her security picture also.  I also ordered my medallions and received a confirmation email from princess.  I might of just been lucky and got on the system when everything was working.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:23 PM, BDRebel said:

I don't know if it is required at this point, but having done it I can see how it would save a lot of time when you check in at the port. You will already have your "key card" (medallion), your passport has already been checked and recorded (through the app), your security photo has already been taken. The only thing left other than the security checkpoint would be to record your credit card number for your on-board account. If they are able to wrap that into the app (or in the official site check-in section) then you would only have to check your luggage, go through security and board the ship.

You can also add your credit card number for your on board account thru the app!

On 12/27/2018 at 2:48 PM, patski107 said:

I have tried to set-up the OceanReady for my upcoming trip on Caribbean Princess and I keep getting an error message Compass is Currently Unavailable.  We have "all hands on tech" working to get back online. It's been that way for almost three weeks. They better hire better techs.

Pat

I keep getting the same error message for our Feb Regal cruise.  Glad it isn't just me.  Twice I called the # for Ocean Ready support.  Some support.  They just said they would send a message to the tech support people and they would call me, never called.  Hope the medallion works when we get on the ship.  Not encouraged.

16 hours ago, FluteGrammy said:

Will Princess send me an email about getting my Medallion? Do I have to order one or is this done for me? Will they send me a link to the app?  So many questions..

I haven't received a email for my Regal February cruise.  Just went to the app store on my ipad and iphone and downloaded the OceanReady app. Followed the instructions and ordered my medallion.  Received confirmation from princess.  Friend who sailed in late December never downloaded the app and was given his medallion at check-in.   If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have know about the app. 

2 hours ago, coconut cruiser said:

I keep getting the same error message for our Feb Regal cruise.  Glad it isn't just me.  Twice I called the # for Ocean Ready support.  Some support.  They just said they would send a message to the tech support people and they would call me, never called.  Hope the medallion works when we get on the ship.  Not encouraged.

I was able to set ours up today without a problem. Are you using an iPhone or Android? Mine is android (Samsung).

3 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

I was able to set ours up today without a problem. Are you using an iPhone or Android? Mine is android (Samsung).

We also have Android.  What brand , model and operating system and what network was used?  Thanks.  Trying to track down the problem

Our medallions were delivered today.  We received two medallions, two medallion holders, two 2-piece lanyards, and two clear vinyl sleeves for cruise cards.  There were no cruise cards in the package.  Will we get cruise cards at check-in or do they just send the sleeves in case they have to give us cruise cards if the medallions don't work?

38 minutes ago, coconut cruiser said:

We also have Android.  What brand , model and operating system and what network was used?  Thanks.  Trying to track down the problem

I have a Samsung S7, android os. Used our DSL network at home. At the very end when I "ordered" the medallions, it said it didn't go through, so I did the order part again, which seemed to work. Then I got two emails confirming my order, with two different order numbers! I called the phone number at the bottom of the email and a very helpful lady was able to help me figure out how to cancel one of them. So now we'll see if we get them... I didn't do anything regarding the "Compass" so I'm not sure how you were getting an error message about it.

Edited by WisCruiser2

haven't received a email for my Regal February cruise.  Just went to the app store on my ipad and iphone and downloaded the OceanReady app. Followed the instructions and ordered mymedallion.  Received confirmation fromprincess.  Friend who sailed in lateDecember never downloaded the app andwas given his medallion at check-in.   If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have know about the app. 

( sorry don’t know how to quote)

Thanks for the info and help.  That will be tomorrow’s task since I have to order one for the April cruise and one for a March cruise.

FluteGrammy

4 hours ago, CruiseKing said:

Hello Ep010835,  Did you have to wait until after final payment to register your cruise? Sailing in May on Caribbean Princess and so far unable to put my cruises in.

Thank You, Bruce

Hello King, I registered after final payment only because I'd already made final payment when I discovered the Ocean Now app. I never tried to register before final payment simply because I didn't know I could. Given my penchant for doing things early, I'm certain if I had known about Ocean Now prior to final payment I would have tried to register. 

This sailing on the CB has been our only OM sailing since the program rolled out. 

4 hours ago, CruiseKing said:

Hello Ep010835,  Did you have to wait until after final payment to register your cruise? Sailing in May on Caribbean Princess and so far unable to put my cruises in.

Thank You, Bruce

I would think so because you need to complete your Cruise Personalizer first and I don't think you can do that until 75 days before cruise.

3 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I keep getting a registration failed when I create account with Ocean Now app.  My cruise is in Feb.  I have an account with Ocean Ready app;  any suggestions?

Did you complete your Cruise Personalizer first? I was able to then use the Ocean Ready app to set up the medallions.

5 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

I would think so because you need to complete your Cruise Personalizer first and I don't think you can do that until 75 days before cruise.

I have already completed the Cruise Personalizer. That can be done as soon as you book via the Princess website. That has not changed. You do not have to wait for final payment to do that.

Edited by CruiseKing
added comments
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

Hello King, I registered after final payment only because I'd already made final payment when I discovered the Ocean Now app. I never tried to register before final payment simply because I didn't know I could. Given my penchant for doing things early, I'm certain if I had known about Ocean Now prior to final payment I would have tried to register. 

This sailing on the CB has been our only OM sailing since the program rolled out. 

Thank you the for answers. Great information on OM. Looking forward to the experience.

1 minute ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Did you complete your Cruise Personalizer first? I was able to then use the Ocean Ready app to set up the medallions.

Yes,  I have already printed my boarding pass.  Here is what I just found out by trial and error.  The Ocean Now app is tied to Ocean Ready app;  meaning, I did not need to create an account with Ocean Now;  I used my current login info for both apps.  Now all is good and I have total access.  My Ocean Ready app is complete and I have requested Ocean Medallions to be sent to our home address.  So as of 10 Jan; everything is working fine.  

I am on the Caribbean Princess in March.  I have printed our boarding pass/luggage tags.

I would like to get the Ocean Ready.

I can not find Ocean Ready in the Apple  App Store.

Can you show me where I can find it?