Sapphire TV HDMI input?

Bill B

23 hours ago, Bill B said:

Can any recent Sapphire Princess cruisers tell me if the stateroom TVs have an HDMI cable input I can use to connect my laptop; and, is it possible to access?

They've slowly been switching to feed the TV via an Ethernet cable. If the Sapphire is anything like the CB they have an HDMI input that can be utilized & switched by a toggle switch on the TV, not the remote. 

Do you know if they are Samsung TVs? I have two here in Vietnam (where I live) and could bring one of the remotes. It may not work (but may be worth a try). The biggest concern is, due to the mounting bracket for the TV, can I 'get at' the HDMI input jack on the TV?

TV on the CB was a 43 inch LG and was not mounted to the wall but rather placed on the shelf where the older TV once set.  It appears as though the newer TVs are going to be LG.  I don't recall seeing any Samsung TVs on the ships we have been on where the newer flat screen TVs were installed. 

10 hours ago, Bill B said:

Do you know if they are Samsung TVs? I have two here in Vietnam (where I live) and could bring one of the remotes. It may not work (but may be worth a try). The biggest concern is, due to the mounting bracket for the TV, can I 'get at' the HDMI input jack on the TV?

Some of the ships do use Samsung TV's. I don't know about the Sapphire. 

On the wall mounted sets they can be pivoted by pulling on the bottom of the set to gain access to the HDMI input and even if there's not an open one you can unplug theirs & reuse it for yours. 

It was like than on the Royal a while back but more trouble than it was worth to keep changing the input back & forth so I only used it a few times.

The Sapphire was fitted with the on demand system in March 2014.

We were onboard when they were finishing up. 

I watched as they did some tweaking to ours and it did have an ethernet cable.

There were a large group of us in several cabins and they had replaced all the TV's and they were mounted on the wall.

There were lots of new TV boxes in the passageways.

Don't remember the brand.

Thanks all.

I found some recent pictures of my actual room here -

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/stateroom-details.php?ship=Sapphire-Princess&cabin=L310

It looks like an LG TV - so I won't bring my Samsung remote.

I will bring the HDMI cable; and with the beds in twin configuration, I can probably put the laptop on the little round table under the TV and still 'squeeze by'... maybe. 

Less than 24 hrs. to go now. I have to start packing.  :classic_blink:

Recently cruised on the Grand (obviously not the Sapphire). Our Viewsonic TV had an HDMI input in the back, but there are no HDMI cables in the room. Bring your own cable. Shouldn't have any issues connecting to or controlling the TV unless they have dramatically different tech on that boat, which would surprise me. We used the Apple Digital AV adapter and watched content from our phones / iPads on the in room TV. 

12 hours ago, Bill B said:

I will bring the HDMI cable; and with the beds in twin configuration, I can probably put the laptop on the little round table under the TV and still 'squeeze by'... maybe. 

That's one of the problems I had on the Royal.....where to hang my player unit with a short HDMI cable & still connect it to a power source. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 6:49 AM, floridalover5623 said:

Some of the ships do use Samsung TV's. I don't know about the Sapphire. 

On the wall mounted sets they can be pivoted by pulling on the bottom of the set to gain access to the HDMI input and even if there's not an open one you can unplug theirs & reuse it for yours. 

It was like than on the Royal a while back but more trouble than it was worth to keep changing the input back & forth so I only used it a few times.

Don't remember the brand, but it was definitely not a Samsung.