Review of NCL Bliss - 11/24/18 sailing

ganggreen88

Our family just went on the NCL Bliss for the 11/24 sailing out of Miami.  I wanted to share some of my opinions about this cruise.

Cabin – We had a balcony cabin on the 10th floor, mid ship.  I have to say with 2 adults and 1 child in the room, it was spacious.  The shower space was great too.  The balcony was nice.

Steward – Danilo was excellent.  One of the best we have ever had.

Boat – The Bliss is a beautiful ship.  Everything is so new and nice.  To us, the boat never felt crowded.

Elevators – This was the only negative to the boat.  Even though the boat never felt crowded, the elevators took forever to come.  I don’t understand why some buttons control some elevators and won’t call other elevators.  You press a button and it lights up 2 elevators, but then you go press the other button, it lights up 4 elevators.  It just didn’t have a good flow and was an issue at times, but not that big of a deal.  Better to just grab one when you can and go for a ride.

MDRs – Were excellent.  We thought the menus were great and the food was fantastic.  The servers are hit or miss, but he food was excellent.

Cagney’s – Ribeye was back on the menu.  This was our choice.  It was very good.  The potatoes au gratin was fantastic.

Teppanyaki – Always a great experience.  The amount of food is ridiculous.  The chefs are great.

Q – By far the best restaurant food we had.  Our whole party thought everything was so good here.  The chili is the best.  The brisket was amazing.  The grits were great.  I have to say that one of the best desserts I have ever had is the bread pudding from here.  (Ask them to put a scoop of vanilla on there as well).  It was out of this world.

Buffet – I am not a huge buffet fan, but this one was nice and clean looking.  Pretty good food or quick snacks here. 

Pool/Kid’s Aqua Park – My son had a blast in the kid’s aqua park.  He went up and down the slide at least 100 times.  It was fun for all of us.  The pool next to the park was nice, but tough to get in and out.  Salt water and pretty cold water.  This is what I don’t understand.  Why don’t you heat the water a little?  It was freezing.

Slides – The tube slide was fun.   There was an accident on the fast slide and they pretty much shut it down for the length of the cruise.  No biggie.

Mini golf – We had fun here too.  Only 5 holes but nice.  Also, nice view of go karts from here.

Go Karts/Laser – My son is too young to enjoy these, so I’ll wait until he is old enough.  No biggie.  I was really impressed how quiet the go karts were.  Awesome.

Jersey Boys – This was really the only show we saw since our son fell asleep right before the 1030 show.  It was very good.  I have seen the show in Vegas and it’s almost as good.

Embarkation/Disembarkation – Very quick and easy

UBP – This was fantastic.  We tried so many drinks that we normally wouldn’t try.  I loved it and worth it as a perk.  No brainer. 

Summary – The Bliss is a great ship.  We are doing an Alaska cruise next year as well on the Bliss.  The Observation Lounge is incredible.  What a great boat and a great vacation.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Thanks for your review!  Did you try the Local?  How was it?

Excited for our February cruise on this ship !🛳️

The Local was great.  Only 24/7 place for food.  We would usually go there for late breakfast or early lunch.

4 hours ago, ganggreen88 said:

The Local was great.  Only 24/7 place for food.  We would usually go there for late breakfast or early lunch.

Thanks for your reply!  I'm excited for the Local and the menu we saw posted. 

On our other cruises we have enjoyed O'Sheehan's for lunches  but a new menu sounds good to us.

I am glad to hear everyone enjoyed Q. I had heard a lot of negative reviews about the food there, but encouraging reviews about the music. We are on the Bliss in February and had pretty much decided to skip food at Q, but maybe we will rethink that.

16 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I am glad to hear everyone enjoyed Q. I had heard a lot of negative reviews about the food there, but encouraging reviews about the music. We are on the Bliss in February and had pretty much decided to skip food at Q, but maybe we will rethink that.

I find with food that everyone really is different with the likes and dislikes.  You just have to taste things and make your own opinion.  If you want to go somewhere, I wouldn't stop because some guy in Michigan said it was bad or some lady from Puerto Rico said it was dull.  Enjoy!!

9 minutes ago, alejorubi said:

Hi,

A quick question, does the UBP includes any juice or non alcoholic beverage besides sodas?

It pretty much covered everything under $15.  They wouldn't even ask for key card at times.  They will give you pretty much anything.

We cruised with you!  Glad you had a wonderful time.  Kind of bummed now that we never made it to Q.  We didn't hear about the accident on the fast slide until we got home, but wondered why it was closed all week.  Thanks for writing this up!  

On 12/6/2018 at 6:24 PM, CincyJen said:

We cruised with you!  Glad you had a wonderful time.  Kind of bummed now that we never made it to Q.  We didn't hear about the accident on the fast slide until we got home, but wondered why it was closed all week.  Thanks for writing this up!  

Your review is amazing!